1994 Mitsubishi 3000GT with 99 front end and very reliable.
Price: US $5,000.00 Item location: Ventura, California, United States
- Condition: Used
- Make: Mitsubishi
- Model: 3000GT
- Year: 1994
- Mileage: 149608
- VIN: JA3AM64J0RY030935
- Color: Black
- Number of cylinders: 6
- Power options: Air Conditioning, Cruise Control, Power Locks, Power Windows, Power Seats
- Drive type: FWD
- Interior color: Black
- Safety options: Anti-Lock Brakes, Driver Airbag, Passenger Airbag
- Options: Sunroof, Leather Seats, CD Player
- Vehicle Title: Clean Want to buy? Contact seller!
1994 Mitsubishi 3000GTBuy it Now or Make An Offer.. Note: No trades...I do not Finance...
Up for sale/auction is a 1994 Mistubishi 3000GT SL with automatic transmission In good shape, and very reliable transportation condition. I have owned this car since it had 103k miles, in around 2013. I am too big for this car now so I bought a big pickup truck. which suits me much better. This was originally white and had a few small dents and scrapes so I put on a new factory 99 front bumper to give it a better look. and then painted the whole car a dark metallic charcoal. I put on 18x10 wheels and lowered her using Megan lowering springs. She looks correct now...the way the factory should have made them.
Miles: 149,608...and because I drive it daily the miles will vary between now and when it's sold.
Interior color is BLACK though but in images it look dark gray...or itâ€™s a super dark gray.
Just past SMOG about 3 months ago. Never had a problem passing smog
This car does not use much oil and it doesnâ€™t get dirty easily(changed regularly)
No fluid leaks
Just replaced all 4 shock/struts
Just replaced all 4 brake Disc with slotted and drilled rotors and new pads(6 weeks ago)
Just replaced front CV joints/axles and wheel bearings. rears were fine.
All 4 tires replaced with Goodyears 265x40x18 6 weeks ago
Transmission was replaced appox at 80K miles.
Heads were rebuilt at approx 130k miles
Radiator replaced at 130k miles
Oil and trans fluids changed regularly
Interior ( with the exception of the drivers seat more on that below) is in very good condition for its age, no cracks or tears that I can find
Carpets are good with just a hint of fading and wear discoloration a bit on drivers side(mat cover it).
All instrument gauges work. Dash lights work.
Hood, rear hatch and gas door releases work.
Drivers power seat is functional.(passenger seat is non power from factory)
Sun roof works and has never leaked
Has CD/DVD/GPS unit ( I have the original double din radio I will include) The car still has the original CD 6 changer, though it is not hooked up to the new unit. Still has original amp under the seat which is used to power the speakers.
The not so good:
The engine has the typical Mitsubishi "lifter tick" when warming up mostly. comes and goes. Many 3000Gt's have this. I did buy 99' year lifters which gets rid of the tick but I never installed them. I was waiting for it's next timing belt service which should be at about mile 180k on the odometer. The new sealed in bag lifter will come with the car.
- This car is in pretty good shape considering itâ€™s age. But understand that itâ€™s an older car and there are typical defects and blemishes and things that need fixing or attention etc.
- The paint is overall good. But there are dings, nicks and scratches. Not bad but they exist. The hood in particular has just a little fading and some paint checking. You have to get close and look or you might not notice.(see picture of super close up)
- The drivers seat has a couple of tears and an area where the sun ruined a couple square inches of leather where the foam cushioning shows through.
- It has window tinting that has gone bad and needs to be removed (and replaced if you like tinting)
- Engine coolant reservoir had a crack so I replaced it with a generic. Works fine though.
- Windshield washer reservoir has a leak .
- Overhead ceiling liner in a couple spots is dirty) I like to drive with the windows down)
- Air Conditioner is not working. I have never had it diagnosed. Maybe just a leak? The heater and fan works fine
- The car came with active suspension but I installed performance KYB shocks which doenâ€™t use the active electronics but the wires are all still there if you want to go back to them. Right now, because the wires are no longer connected to the shocks there is a tiny green flashing light indicating they arenâ€™t on. No biggy. You can barely see it. Probably a way to turn it off.
- Gear selector light just burnt out. I have not replaced the bulb.
- Rear glass defroster is not hooked up. I bought it that way. Easy fix to reconnect wire I suppose.
- Cruise control doesnâ€™t work
- Rear wiper is inoperative. and the wiper arms have a little bit of rust starting. Easily replaced at a Pepboy etc.
- automatic radio antenna is not functional but stuck in the up position so the radio gets reception.
Thatâ€™s all I can remember about the car, the good and the bad. It still gets looks and questions from people where ever I go. These cars are still stylish today. If I could lose 150 bls I would keep her( and drop in an LS5 V8 using a rear mounted Corvette transmission. I use to build hot rods back in the day.
About your responsibility before purchasing a car and it is something I suggest( I did it with this car before I purchased it) You should too and that is have a mechanic inspect it befor you buy or bid. NOT AFTER.. Itâ€™s all yours AFTER and I am not responsible after you purchase it and take it away. I will be happy to take it to a service place of your choosing and you pay for. You can look one up or there are services that do just this online.
NON REFUNDABLE DEPOSIT of 500 dollars is required to secure car.
NOTE for California purchasers...Itâ€™s the sellers responsibility to have the car SMOGED for the new owner or have a recent SMOG cert. apply if itâ€™s with in 30 days or something? But mine was a few months ago so I would have to get another one. before the title is transferred. A car in CA can not be transferred if it doenâ€™t pass SMOG! There is a clause though that both partyâ€™s can agree to sell the vehicle as on operational which requires a form if you want. A recent SMOG certification is only good for a short time when its for selling the car otherwise it has to be re smoged.
If buyer is out of state and that is where the car will be registered(out of state) then it does not have to be SMOGED...( I am not responsible for other states laws and their compliance rules. Please know your states laws . I will not rescind the sale due to out of state rules and or non compliance.