93 MITSUBISHI ECLIPSE - 1.8 Manual Transmission - 2 Door Hatchback
- Condition: Used
- Make: Mitsubishi
- Model: Eclipse
- Type: Hatchback
- Trim: 2H
- Year: 1993
- Mileage: 235,000
- VIN: 4A3CF34BXPE047393
- Color: Black
- Engine size: 1.8
- Number of cylinders: 4
- Power options: Air Conditioning
- Fuel: Gasoline
- Transmission: Manual
- Drive type: FWD
- Interior color: Gray
- Options: Cassette Player
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1993 Mitsubishi Eclipse
1993 Mitsubishi Eclipse - Manual Transmission 5-Spd - 4 Cylinders - 1.8 Engine - 2 Door Coupe/Hatchback.
So, here's the story on this car: I bought this car in 2013 from a friend at my church who had the car in his garage for a few years. At the time, I needed a small car - stick shift - that was fuel efficient to help cut the cost of my commute to work, so this was exactly what I needed. This car gave me two solid years of maintenance-free service before everything started to break at the same time. That was to be expected considering that the car sat for years in a garage, and thensuddenly being placed into service traveling 160 miles to work each day. So, I've had to do some repairs because by then, I was in love with my almost vintage Eclipse. Below are the repairs I've made:
New radiator, replaced cylinder head, replaced front & rear shocks, replaced the upholstery of the roof, minor bodywork & a paint job,thetires are fairly new (plus a spare full size tire), installed a Catch Can to capture blow by.
The car runs great, but there are some remaining issues that I can't afford to fix right now:
1. The idling fluctuates between 800-1000 rpm.
2. It needs rear calipers (especially passenger side).
3. And here's the majorissue: A substantial amount of engine oil is getting into the air filter housing (not just a little blow by).I've been told by mechanics that it may needvalve seals to resolve this issue. It's a great little car if you're ok with investing a little time and money. So, if you're up for a challenge, or if you're looking for parts, this is the car for you!
4. I lost the keys to the car, but I'll get one made if I get a buyer.