Classic Austin Mini 998cc 1982 Excellent condition
Price: US $16,500.00 Item location: Tomball, Texas, United States
- Make: Mini
- Model: Classic Mini
- Type: saloon
- Year: 1980
- Mileage: 1830
- VIN: saxxl2s1n2o15349o
- Color: white and black
- Engine size: 998cc
- Number of cylinders: 4
- Fuel: Gasoline
- Transmission: Manual
- Drive type: FWD
- Interior color: Black
- Drive side: Right-hand drive
- Options: CD Player, Leather Seats
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1980 Mini Classic MiniAustin Mini Mayfair 1982
Restoration completed last year in England after 2 years off the road. Car is now in Texas, arrived in Galveston in January. All taxes and title paid, shes ready to go!
Restoration consisted of-
- Full re-spray including a custom lace paint dash board completely one of a kind including a full wax oil coat underneath and in arches
- 998cc engine completely reconditioned. Only has 1850 miles on the engine since full re-build. Has a HS38 carb on it also restored, sounds and pulls really nice
- RC40 full exhaust system including bigger manifold, straight through exhaust and centre exit exhaust (sounds great)
- All interior new. Seats front and rear, carpets, door cards, handles, steering wheel, interior lights (bulbs), gear shifter, push button ignition and a new cd player and speakers installed.
- Drum brakes on front were converted to new disk brakes and have only seen 1830 miles since install. Brake lines were all replaced (copper and rubber)
- Brake shoes on rear drums were replaced and the linkage and cables all tightened and restored (car stops really well)
- Halogen front head light units
- Mini-lite wheels and tyres both with 1830 miles on them since new
The mini was entered into the two biggest events on the calendaron its debut year of 2018. 1) Mini In The Park at Santa pod, UK where it was invited onto the top 5 classic Mini podium. 2) Mini Action Day at Castlecombe Raceway, UK where it took a top 25 award.
I emigrated here 2 months ago and brought the car with me with full intentions of keeping it but we have a baby on the way and would like our own house so unfortunatelyit has to go. Turns heads everywhere it goes, especially round Texas so if you don't like attention this car probably isn't for you.
It drives great and needs nothing, its a lovely little show car and I will be very sad to see it go.
Viewings are welcome