1967 MGB - CA. BLACK PLATE CAR WITH HERITAGE CERT. - RESTORE, VINTAGE RACE OR?
Price: US $1,825.00 Item location: Pleasanton, California, United States
- Condition: Used
- Make: MG
- Model: MGB
- SubModel: Roadster
- Type: Convertible
- Trim: 2 Door
- Year: 1967
- Mileage: 18,490
- VIN: 67GHN3L127729
- Color: Primrose Yellow
- Engine size: 1800cc
- Number of cylinders: 4
- Fuel: Gasoline
- Transmission: 4-Speed
- Drive type: RWD
- Interior color: Black
- Options: Convertible
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1967 MG MGB Roadster
1967 MG "B" - For Restoration / Vintage Race or?
Original "Black Plate" California Car - NO Reserve
Documented by a British Heritage Certificate
Very Solid Running / Driving Project, intage Race or Drive As-Is
NOTE: Our listings are rather lengthy. They not only describe this particular car but also some history of the make/model, onsiderations in buying a classic car and facts about our firm. However, e continually hear from out of state / out of country buyers (many of our clients) that they prefer the level of detail that we provide. However, f you are not prepared to read the full listing, lease read the OVERVIEW below along with the PHOTOGRAPHS at the bottom. If you'd prefer, lease call us at 925-846-1451 and we'll gladly discuss the MGB and answer any questions over the telephone, ncluding our "Buy it Now" policy. Yes, he MGB can be purchased prior to the end of the eBay auction.
PLEASE NOTE: EACH TIME WE LIST A VEHICLE ON eBay WE RECEIVE COMMENTS THAT THERE ARE NO PHOTOS OF THE INTERIOR, NGINE, NDERCARRIAGE, TC. OF THE CAR. THERE ARE NUMEROUS PHOTOS OF ALL AREAS OF THIS MGB, UT WHEN YOU REACH WHAT APPEARS TO BE THE LAST PHOTO, OU WILL NEED TO SCROLL DOWN ON eBay TO VIEW THE REMAINING PHOTOS. IF YOU ARE STILL UNABLE TO SEE THEM, LEASE CALL US AT 925-846-1451 AND WE WILL PROVIDE A DIRECT LINK. NOTE: IT IS A VIOLATION OF eBay POLICY FOR US TO LIST THE URL ON THE eBay LISTING. PLEASE LET US KNOW IF YOU WOULD LIKE ADDITIONAL PHOTOS OF ANY PART OF THE MGB. ALL OF OUR PHOTOS ARE TAKEN IN NATURAL LIGHT AND WE DO NOT "PHOTO-SHOP" OR TOUCH-UP THE PHOTOS IN ANY WAY.
Many of our customers believe that we at Classic Cars Ltd. deal exclusively with restored or higher end collector vehicles. This unique MGB demonstrates that we realize that some of our clients have an interest in solid California cars that can be restored or even driven while work is performed while they enjoy the car. This MGB will be of interest to out of state / country buyers who seek a very solid almost rust free, traight and complete car. The MGB has "lived" in Northern California for its entire life and has been stored inside for many years. We certainly are the first to acknowledge that it isn't the prettiest car, ut, or those with a vision this car has considerable potential.
As a 1967 MGB, he car represents what is arguably the "Best of the Best" when it comes to MG's of the 1960's. The car is fitted with a 5 main bearing engine, nock off wire wheels, ptional heater and the desirable "metal dash" with traditional toggle switches.
We will provide a brief description of the MGB but will be glad to:
1. Answer any questions over the telephone and take the time to guide prospective customers through the buying process (925-846-1451).
2. Assist with locating a quality, uitable transporter at very competitive prices.
3. Provide proof that we are licensed, onded (for the financial transaction), ully insured, nd operate from an established showroom environment.
4. Provide feedback from previous buyers, nd specific references for vehicle purchases in your area (we also ask that you view our detailed eBay feedback by clicking on the number to the right of the eBay user name)
5. Offer additional information including specific photographs or clarification of any part of our description of the vehicle
Thank you again, lease let me know if I can be of assistance.
Paul R. Wankle, res.
Classic Cars Ltd.
OVERVIEW-THIS PARTICULAR 1967 MGB
The car's history reveals that the MGB spent the majority of its life in Northern California. Documentation of the car and its California history include:
- British Heritage Certificate included to document the cars build details (including original Primrose Yellow color), erial number and options (listed later in this summary)
- The original "Pink Slip" shows that the "Date First Sold" of 00/0067, onfirming that the car was registered when new in California
- Offered for sale with the original California "Pink Slip"
- Original Black / Yellow plates (front and rear) remain in place and document the MGB's original California lineage
- Very original including virtually all original paint & body panels
- No major accident damage
- Largely complete with the exception of a missing front grill and the need for interior (seats in particular) restoration to drive regularly
HIGHLIGHTS OF THE MGB INCLUDE
- 1.8 L 4 cylinder engine w/ dual SU carburetors
- 4 speed manual transmission
- Newer radial tires on factory wire wheels rims
- Factory original Pale Primrose Paint (supported by British Heritage Certificate)
- No top convertible bows shown but will be provided to the new buyer
- Original Factory Options: wire wheels, eater, Packaway hood", nd ash tray
- Original steering wheel
- MGB shop manual included
The MGB starts immediately by using the choke and idles smoothly. The "B" runs and drives surprisingly well and has the benefit of recent brake work, ew tires and other mechanical work to make it a usable vehicle despite its rather "funky" appearance. The previous owner actually used the car on the weekends as he thought its originality was unique enough to resist the temptation for a restoration.
The engine is strong and does not exhibit any issues. There is no smoke, xcessive leaking of fluids or unusual noise from the engine. This is also true of the transmission and drive-line components. The MGB has good power through all of the gears. Outside of the normal "seeping" of oil found on virtually all British cars of the era, here are no substantial oil leaks.
The transmission shifts normally and as a 1967 the vehicle does not have (and was not manufactured with) a first gear syncromesh. The car shifts properly with first gear being "notchy" which is often times the case on older MGB's. If the buyer is interested, e will include a 4-speed MGB transmission that came out of a 30K~ mile MGB at no cost. The brakes stop the car straight and components were changed during the time that the previous owner was driving the car. The emergency brake is functional. There is no significant noise in the drive-line and the car steers and stops as it should. Lights are function (including headlights, aillights and even the license plate light). The wipers do not seem to work (issue not investigated) but the heater fan blows (we do not know if the heater is functional as we have never used it).
The MGB shows odometer shows 18,490. We are listing the mileage as "TMU" (Total Miles Unknown) as a result of the cars age and inability to accurately verify the mileage on a vehicle that is 50+ years old.
- Of course, he MGB is being sold in "As Is" condition
- Shop manual included
- MG logo mechanic's fender pad
SPECIFICATIONS OF THE 1963 MGB
- Engine: 1.8 L, cylinder in-line, ingle cam, valves per cylinder, ushrod / front mounted
- Carburetion: dual SU HS-4
- Power: 89 hp @ 5,400 rpm
- Torque: 110 lb-ft. @ 3,000 rpm
- Transmission: manual 4 speed, ynchromesh top 3 gears
- Drive: rear wheel
- Brakes: front-10.75" discs, ear-10" drums
- Weight: 1984 lb.
- Length: 153.5 inches
- Width: 60.2 inches
- Height: 49.6 inches
- Wheelbase: 91.3 inches
- Ground clearance 4.2 inches
- Turning circle 32 feet
HISTORY OF THE MGB
When the MGB was introduced in 1962, t was a two-seat open roadster with squared-off styling in the MG Midget mold. It had a pancake-style rear hinged hood, ull width grille, calloped recesses for the headlights in the tops of the front fenders, separate trunk with a hinged lid, nd canted rear lights in the ends of the rear fenders. The windshield was curved, here was a removable soft-top, nd the doors had roll-up windows with hinged vent windows.
The MGB was actually a bit shorter than the MGA, ut the design was such that MG had managed to make the cockpit roomier which allowed larger, ore comfortable seats to be added. Both the driver and passenger had bucket seats, nd full instrumentation was provided.
A year later in 1963, mong the options offered for the MGB were an overdrive for the transmission, enter hub mounted wire wheels, nd a folding soft-top that could be stowed behind the seats. In 1964 a new bottom-end for the engine, erived from the BMC 1800, as fitted.
In the tradition of the earlier MG sports cars, he MGA had been built with a separate chassis to provide support and strength to the car and to carry all the mechanical components and the body. By the end of the 1950's however, ethods of car construction had progressed, nd the days of the separate chassis were almost over. Unitary construction was now the name of the game, hereby a cleverly designed body shell constructed from a number of metal panels with a reinforced floor pan, rovided mountings for all the mechanical components and absorbed all the loads from the suspension etc. The advantage of this type of construction was that it produced a much lighter car, hich has obvious performance benefits for a sports car.
Hence, he MGB was to be built of unitary construction. At the front, he front panel, he inner fender panels and firewall formed one box; in the midsection, he firewall, ockpit floor and cowl formed another; while at the rear, he inner fenders, runk floor, nd rear panels formed another. Box section strengthening pieces were added to the floor to stiffen it and provide mountings for the rear suspension, hile additional box sections ran along the bottoms of the front inner fenders for the engine and suspension mountings.
The front suspension and steering were much like the MGA, lthough there were minor differences. At the rear were the familiar semi-elliptic springs controlled by lever-arm shocks. The engine and transmission were also MGA sourced, ut again in an improved state.
Many sports car enthusiasts believe that MGB's epitomize the classic British sports car. By the mid-1960's the MGB had very nice performance, andling and was comfortable for longer journey's (unlike the earlier MGTD's, TC'S", tc.). 1967 is a "target year" for most buyer's as this year was the last of the "steel dash" cars and before the addition of EPA and other government mandates that negatively affected performance and appearance. Also, hese cars are not only great fun to drive and economical to operate, hey get great mileage. The MGB represents a fuel efficient solution to a fun, ffordable and practical sports car.
PURCHASING A COLLECTOR VEHICLE - THINGS TO CONSIDER
As always, e recommend that you carefully review the seller's background for any collector car being sold over the Internet. It is important to ask yourself a number of questions including, ut not limited to:
- How long have they been in business?
- How much experience do they have with collector cars?
- How many positive collector car vehicle sales have they completed (positive eBay feedback)?
- How detailed/complete is the description of the vehicle?
- Do the photos show details of the interior, xterior, op, hrome, tc. or are they simply "glamour shots" taken from a distance?
- Does the seller have a Surety Bond to protect the financial transaction?
- What about insurance, icensing by the state, nd a local business license?
- Does the seller (if a business) have any DMV (Motor Vehicle) complaints and/or other history of legal action, rievances?
- Does the seller enjoy a favorable local and national/international reputation?
- Can the seller assist with funding sources, ransport and out of state/country sales?
ABOUT CLASSIC CARS LTD.
- Classic Cars Ltd. has been in the same, mall, alifornia town for over 22 years. We operate a small "brick & mortar", ndoor showroom, nd specialize in the sale, onsignment, nd purchase of sports, igh performance and specialty vehicles of all types. We have a particular interest in sports cars and unique vehicles.
- The majority of our vehicles come from local, rivate owners and collectors, nd many were sold new in California. We appreciate that rust free cars, ith excellent documentation and history are especially attractive to our buyers both locally, nd around the country. As a result, e do not purchase our collectible cars from "distressed" sales, uch as wholesale auctions, alvage sales, r lien sales. We do not sell vehicles with salvage titles, r those that have a history of significant accident damage or repair.
We have sold hundreds of unique, lassic and collectible vehicles and regularly deal with buyers that have not had the experience of purchasing a large (both physically and monetarily) item on eBay, r through an Internet source. Our eBay feedback is 100% positive on all vehicle sales from customers around the globe and is a reflection of our commitment to accurate, omplete, nd thorough vehicle descriptions.
- We have been shipping vehicles for years and have established excellent contacts that are not only high quality but very price competitive. We do not use brokers, erminal shipping or other discount methods. Call us or email for a quote directly to your home or office. We are often able to obtain quality enclosed transportation (the kind of travel this car deserves) for the cost of open shipping.
- Please review our feedback on eBay (user name Never22Many) representing close to 900 positive transactions to buyers all over the United States / World.
- We are fully insured, onded, nd licensed for collector car sales all over the United States/World.
- Classic Cars Ltd. carries a $50,000 Surety bond to cover financial transactions
- We frequently sell vehicles to out of State / out of country buyers, nd will be glad to provide references for buyers in your area.
MISCELLANEOUS GENERAL INFORMATION
- As with virtually all collector/specialty vehicles, e find that parts and resources are readily available for this (and most every vehicle), hanks in large part to the Internet.
- In addition to the purchase price of the vehicle, alifornia buyers will be subject
to sales tax, documentation fee, MV transfer fees and license/registration. Out-of-state buyers will be responsible for the purchase price of the vehicle and any local taxes/fees will be the purchaser's responsibility to pay in their respective state. IMPORTANT NOTE: If the vehicle is delivered or driven in California and driven on California roads, ales-tax, icense/registration and transfer fees will be assessed per California law.
- While we encourage telephone calls to discuss this vehicle in greater detail we will not respond to inquiries asking "What is the reserve". Also, f you would prefer that we call you to answer any questions about the vehicle; shipping alternatives, tc. please e-mail us with your telephone number and will gladly get back in touch with you.
- We encourage inspections of this MGB by serious, ualified individuals or professional inspectors. Please call at 925-846-1451 to arrange a convenient time.
- As with any collectible vehicle of this vintage we are unable to provide a warranty or guarantee of condition. However, e make every effort to accurately represent our vehicles, nd highlight both positive items as well as areas that require attention. We ask that prospective buyers consider our eBay history/feedback, tanding in the community, ength of time in business, nd other factors when purchasing a collectible vehicle from Classic Cars Ltd.
- Minor cosmetic issues/flaws may be present on every vehicle (regardless of cost) including small chips, icks, cratches, tc. that can be seen on even the best restoration, r even a relatively new, sed "pre-owned" vehicle. Also, wnership of a collectible / specialty vehicle is more enjoyable if the owner is familiar with the "realities" of these unique cars. Unlike more modern day vehicles, hese cars require regular, ngoing care/maintenance and some mechanical knowledge, atience, nd understanding can make the experience considerably more pleasant. That said, ollector / "specialty" car owners will tell you (emphatically) that they love their cars and wouldn't trade them for anything!!
- The information contained in this description is believed to be accurate but, n some instances, as been provided by the car's owner / owners or outside sources. As a result, e are unable to guarantee the accuracy of the information. We encourage verification of "numbers" and significant data prior to the purchase of any collector vehicle that you are considering.
Classic Cars Ltd.
Body Type / Style:Convertible Exterior Color:Primrose Yellow Interior Color:Black Engine:4 Cylinder Transmission: 4 Speed Manual Mileage:Brand New! Drive:Rear Doors:2
"Black Plate" California Car
British Heritage Certified
Exempt From Smog in California
Factory Bucket Seats
Front Disc Brakes
Heater / Defroster
Knock Off "Spinner" Wheels
Oil Cooler / Fan
Original Sheet Metal
Original Lucas Headlights
Original "Pink" Slip & British Heritage
With a Little Work...
Terms & Conditions
- Buyers outside of California will be responsible for a $195.00 fee for processing/administration. The charge will apply if the vehicle is purchased through ebay or before or after the auction, irectly through Classic Cars Ltd.
- The vehicle is listed for sale elsewhere. We reserve the right to end the auction at anytime. We will be glad to discuss details of a "pre-auction" purchase (925) 846 1451.
- Inspections of vehicles are encouraged but (by appointment only) must be completed within 24 hours of the end of the auction.
- Out of state buyers are responsible for the high bid and any shipping costs. California buyers are subject to the appropriate sales tax, MV transfer, nd fees associated with the purchase of any used vehicle sale in the state of California.
- To avoid shipping the title with the car to our out of state buyers, e mail the title via Priority Mail.
- While shipping and transportation costs (if appropriate) are the responsibility of the winning bidder, e can assist with locating a suitable transporter. We regularly ship cars all over the USA/World, nd can often times locate very competitive rates for transporting vehicles door to door, o a local terminal, nclosed, pen, tc. Please call us for specific information/rates to your location.
- We meet some great people and fellow enthusiasts, nd only rarely do we have problems with non-paying bidders. Please be certain that you are prepared to buy the car if you bid, r call us at 925-846-1451 before the end of the auction if we can answer any questions. If you have a "sunglass" rating or fewer than 10 feedback ratings on eBay, lease call us before you bid so that we can discuss the bidding process, tc. If we do not hear from you, e reserve the right to delete your bid.
Thank You & Happy Bidding
Classic Cars Ltd.