1955 MG MGA
Price: - Item location: Springfield Gardens, New York, United States
- Condition: Used
- Make: MG
- Model: MGA
- Type: Roadster
- Trim: Mk. I
- Year: 1955
- Mileage: 95000
- Color: White/Red
- Engine size: 1.8L MGB four-cylinder
- Number of cylinders: 4
- Fuel: Gasoline
- Transmission: 4 Speed Manual
- Interior color: Red
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1955 MG MGA Mk. I
- The Cream White and Oxblood Red paint and chrome trim are in overall excellent order, with a couple of very minor blemishes.
- The windows are clear and intact and the black convertible Hartz cloth top has a clear plastic rear window.
- The roadsterâ€™s lights are haze-free and intact while the bodywork is very straight and solid.
- The engine bay is quite tidy, and highly detailed, the battery appears new and the chrome bumper are in excellent shape and fit tightly to the carâ€™s body.
- Under the bonnet is a newly rebuilt and dynamically balanced 1.8L MGB four-cylinder engine .
- This 1.8L reportedly has a 20 percent performance gain over the standard 1.5L four-cylinder that came standard in MGAs.
- The engine and car have the following new components â€“ clutch, disc brakes (using DOT 5 fluid), a modern electrical system, internal engine components like the crankshaft, cylinder rods and head have been mag crack inspected while the engine head has been ported and flowed plus it has hardened valve seats.
- Backing up this motor is a four-speed manual transmission and a differential upgrade with gearing from a MGB for better driveability.