1975 MG Supercharged MGB Roadster
Price: US $9,850.00 Item location: Pollock Pines, California, United States
- Condition: Used
- Make: MG
- Model: MGB
- SubModel: Mark II
- Type: Roadster Convertible
- Trim: Chrome bumper conversion
- Year: 1975
- Mileage: 64,724
- VIN: GHN5UF379838G
- Color: British Racing Green
- Engine size: 60K-over, with new aluminum head flowed by Peter Burgess
- Number of cylinders: 4
- Fuel: Gasoline
- Transmission: 5-speed overdrive, blue label
- Drive type: 2WD
- Interior color: Black
- Drive side: Left-hand drive
- Options: Convertible
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1975 MG MGB Chrome bumper conversion*ALSO! MESSAGE ME ABOUT OTHER 1975 and 1971 MGB ROADSTER PROJECT CARS FOR POSSIBLE DISCOUNTED PACKAGE OPTIONS*
MUST SELL DUE TO HEALTH CHALLENGES
The car was rebuilt to new or better than new but has not been run recently and NEEDS SOME TLC. There is also a minor front fender bender around the headlight -- the repair attempt is incomplete and not up to standards. A pristine front fender is being offered in addition for a proper repair. Most everything was replaced with new parts. Some were refurbished to â€œlike new' condition. Some were done better than new (like insulation/sound, paint, engine, suspension, etc.).
*Registration lapsed in 2016, all paperwork and pinkslip are in order.
*Amounts noted below in parenthesis are given as a guideline from new retail hard cost prices of the parts only, not the labor.*
1. The car was dismantled, then stripped to bare metal, soda blasted, skimmed, etched, sealed, primed, then painted dark 1952 (Jaguar) British Racing Green
2. After paint, color sand, and buff out ( $5340), the car was rebuilt to show quality standards over a 2-3 year period as time and money allowed.
4. 3 coats Glasurite clearcoat ( $633)were applied, color sanded and buffed to high gloss.
5. The rebuilt windshield frame was powder coated Spartan Bronze, new glass and frame seal installed, and a new frame-body seal fitted before it was reinstalled ($880)
6. The hood was louver-stamped before paint ( $250) to help in heat dissipation from the M95 Mercedes Supercharger from Moss Motors, Goleta Ca. ($4327) -- NEEDS HINGE REPAIR
6a. An earlier dyno graph showed 123 Braking Horsepower at 133 # torque. About 200 percent better than the stock 1975 rubber bumper MGB power. This graph is available upon request.
6b. At sea level 0-60 takes a bit under 8 seconds: stock rubber bumper time is around 12-13 seconds
7. New ceramic coat Peco headers were asbestos wrapped for heat control.
8. The body was sound before paint with little filler and no rust.
9. The floor boards required no attention as they were sound and rust free.
10. The door quarter light assemblies, frames, seals, and new glass were rebuilt and then refitted in the doors.
10a. Quarter light frames (with new waste and vent seals), wipers, and heater grill were also powder coated Spartan bronze ($460), to match windshield frame.
11. The door windows, glass polished both sides, were rebuilt, including the winder assemblies, handle assemblies, new cadmium latches and strikes and new locks ($173 X 2=$346).
The engine rebuild was â€œspec bookedâ€, built to 60 over for 1868cc. displacement. This happened 843 miles ago, and as of this date is not fully broken in yet.
1. Block was boiled, line bored, cylinders finished to 60 over bore.
2. Parts balanced from harmonic balancer through flywheel and clutch.
(all machine work $1190)
3.Crank turned and polished.
4. New cam is a Piper 255 with new R65+ lifters and pushrods from Peter Burgess, UK. ( $473)
5. New double row Vernier style timing chain and gears set to 4*BTDC for lower end torque ( $197)
6. New 60 over HC cast pistons with Hastings rings ($388) were fitted.
7. Rebuilt connecting rods. lined bored, new wrist pin, line bored. ($339)
8. Rod and main bearings used are all Trimetal. ( $192)
9. New cam bearings ( Durabond) were pressed in and reamed. ($167)
10. New oil pump, uprated spring and screen. ( $115)
11. Starter motor (spring adjusted, lubed, painted)
12. Aluminum engine backplate. ($120)
13. New Borg Warner cluth disc, trust bearing assembly. ( $169)
12. Resurfaced and balanced flywheel ( $40), new starter drive ring pressed on. ($78)
13. New Flame Thrower coil. ($49)
14. New, rebuilt/recurved Sclemmerized 25d distributor with corrected advance vacuum, to deliver â€œall inâ€ at 29* at 3000 rpms ( $380). New advance vacuum for port suck.
15. Petronix electric points. ($123)
16. Rebuilt/repointed SU fuel pump. ( $135)
17. Converted Saturn 110amp-new-alternator producing 90 amps. ( $236).
1. Moss Motors supercharger kit and drive belt, with a Mikuni 44 carb. ($4417)
1.a A heat shield is included, but not installed.
2. Meter needle started as a BBC needle, then was â€œ thumb lathedâ€ to produce a â€œfatterâ€ top end (12:1 AFR) and to run within a 12-17 AFR range under all loads.
2. Remote combustion ai, using 3inch ducting, was drawn from under the car separate from the engine bay.
3. One extra used Serpetine drive belt is included.
4. Port vaccum was used for the distributor advance .
Head is new casting MSX from Mike Pierce in Gilroy, sent cross pond to Peter Burgess to be fussed, flowed, and completely rebuilt with new everything, larger intake valves, new exhaust valves with hardened seats pressed in. 42 cc combustion chamber ( $1860). Bronze/manganize guides, double springs, umbrella stem seals, fly cut for 8.75:1 compression ratio.
ARP hi tensile studs used for head clamping and rocker assembly.
1. Taken down-with the rest of the car -to bare metal and repainted to color match (included in paint cost above)
2. A rubberized heat and sound 10 mil barrier was applied throughout (Grace Shield) including inside the door skins. ($188)
3. New black upgrade carpet from Moss with tunnel was fitted. ($440)
4. The stock seats were swapped out for rebuilt Ford Fiero units with headrest speakers (Legacy). ($275)
5.The new upholstery by Mr. Mike in FLA was custom work and specially created in black leatherette with headrest outlet holes punched out for the speaker sound. ( $477)
6. Green embroidered MG logos were added fitted to each headrest below the speakers. ( $63)
7. A 1976-1980 dashboard was installed with rebuilt and recalibrated gauges, personalized red tipped needles. ($250 dash only)
8. All Gauges feature new chrome bezels including the clock and heater controls in console.
9. An Innovate Air Fuel gauge ($ 134), boost pressure gauge(75), dual oil/water gauge (168), rebuilt/existing fuel gauge, were installed.
10. A yellow warning light was fitted to alert when the Over Drive was â€œONâ€ and engaged
11. The overdrive function is controlled at the shifter, using a new knob mounted switch. ($36)
12. A new Pioneer AM/FM CD head module was installed ($188), front kick speakers ($106), and 4 headrest mounted speakers ($144)
13. Front tweeters were crossed over and mounted on the dash to reflect off windshield ($84)
14. New column switches (high beam switch is unsprung) including headlights, signal and wiper
14. New lower door rocker trim ($44)
16. New black armrests on new door cards. ($200 + 86)
17. New chrome window handles.
Exterior and trim:
1. 4 powder-coated 8 spoke Pana Sport wheels with logo and chrome lug nuts. ( $860)
2. New radiator (tapped with bottom manifold drain) with electric fan ($ 240 +$149
3. New rack and pinion (Moss), gators, alignment ($330)
4. Convertible top (3 years new, autumn beige 3 light, zip out, good plastic could use clean and polish).
5. Full and package tray tonneau covers, black (good serviceable shape, but not new- $150)
5. Stripped and repainted top frame and header. New seals ( $225)
6. Trunk supplied jack, mini spare is a spacesaver Honda wheel ($50)
7. Rubber bumper conversion: new front and rear bumpers, mounts, frame adaptors for rubber bumper conversion ($1299)
8. New grill ($225)
9. New front turn indicator base/lens (included with conversion above)
10. 4 new side running lights ($236), 4 new mounting plinth ($22)
11. New backup mounts and lenses ($24)
12. New license plate light/mount assembly ($38)
14. New fender emblems ($18)
15. New side mirrors, both sides ( $108)
16. New chrome trunk latch and lock ($66)
17. New chrome filler cap ($18)
18. New trunk emblem ($14.89)
Front and rear suspension:
7. New brakes, turned rotors, new front calipers, turned drums, pads shoes, and wheel cylinders ($525)
7a. New inner/outer axle bearings, front and rear ($47)
8. Swivel axles ( new kingpin, new reamed bushing, trunnions with cylinder needle bearings. Rebuilt to new ($449) + negative camber wishbone ($83)
9. New lowered coil springs ($108)
10. Red Prothane bushings, including front cross member throughout. The front cross member was removed from the car to be rebuilt on the bench. An earlier cross member, black powder coated, was rebuilt as described above, using new Prothane pads, and refitted. ($448)
11. Rebuilt Armstrong shocks
12. Rebuilt swaybar with new Prothane bushings ($338)
13. Rebuilt steering column to fit early cross member, new seal, bush, bearings. ($276)
14. New turn indicator column switch, unsprung hi-beam switch ($89), wiper switch ($59)
1. New rear 5 leaf springs set, lower arched, spacers. ($312)
2. Prothane bushings, rear kit: pads, eye, shackle bush. ($149)
Note: the rear axle was removed and rebuilt on bench.
1. Lash (ring- pinion) checked and confirmed (dial indicator) within allowed limit
2. A clunkectomy performed, new pinion and axle thrust washers, to restore lash at pumpkin. ($48)
3. New hub and carrier bearings (pressed). ($112)
4. Rear brake kit, flex lines ($245)
5. Turned drums ($40) and new brake pads ($37)
6. New flex lines ($43)
6. Rear Brake kit: wheel cylinders, adjustors, springs ($74)
1. Entire compartment was taken to bare metal, paint to match exterior, and 2x clearcoat.
2. New pedal box bushing, reamed.
3. New cluth master ( $179)and slave cylinder($108)
4. New flex lines. ($89)
5. New master brake cylinder ($199)
6. Rebuilt vacuum servo.
7. New brake lines were installed-cadmium plated for rust resistance
8. New front and rear transmission motor mounts, stop plates ($44)
9. Refurbished /replaced minor wiring looms as required ($166)
10. New hi/lo horn ($160)
11. New radiator with drain tap lower manifold ($239)
1. 5-speed factory supplied Overdrive Transmission
2. New shifter switch and cap ($37)
3. Amber alert light wired to warn driver OD is â€œonâ€ and engaged
4. The later model Blue Label unit was professionally refurbished, pump. pressure correcte, solenoid was renewed, bushings, seal, gasket, screen, ball bearing stops (uses 30w non-detergent motor oil) ($400)
5. Output cover gasket, bearing, new gasket set, rebuilt clutch lever and boot ($152)
6. New plate, buffer, stay rod at rear cross member ($56)
7. New rear mounts ($27.99)
8. New pin, upper and lower bracket, bush, rear gearbox mount ($36)
9. New drive shaft universal joints ($123)
10. Gas tank replaced with new pickup gauge, body mounts ($380)
11. Rebuilt, bench tested, shocks fitted all around.
*A tow dolly is also being offered if you intend to transport.