1972 MG Midget, Excellent Fun Car
Price: US $9,999.00 Item location: Blaine, Washington, United States
- Make: MG
- Model: Midget
- Type: Convertible
- Year: 1972
- Mileage: 26,450
- VIN: GAN5UC118903G
- Color: Red
- Engine size: 1275 cc 4 cylinder
- Number of cylinders: 4
- Fuel: Gasoline
- Transmission: Manual
- Drive type: RWD
- Interior color: Black
- Drive side: Left-hand drive
- Options: Convertible
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1972 MG MidgetMy 1972 MG Midget is up for sale. The car is finished in period correct Flame Red bodywork with an excellent black and dark blue interior. The Midget has not been on the road since the paintwork was finished.
The MG has spent the last few years of its life garaged and being restored. There are receipts for more than the 'buy it now' price, not including all the hours of work that have been spent on it. The only reason it is up for sale is because of the car parked next to it in the garage.
The condition of the body and interior are excellent, the pictures give a far better description of the car than my words can. All the photographs are of the actual car. Please remember the car is 46 years old, it is in great condition but is not a new car.
Work carried out includes;
- Paintwork (all lights, chrome, windows, doors, hood, trunk, door locks, wipers, windshield, badges, were removed before painting). There are photos of the car before everything was refitted to the body.
- New weather stripping (rubber seal kit, Moss Motors) was used, together with new badges.
- Floors were painted and a new carpet kit fitted. Seats are in excellent condition.
- Wheels refurbished, with new tires fitted (zero miles).
- Entire front and rear end brand new, all brakes, disks, drums, calipers, wheel cylinders, shocks, leaf springs, coil springs, bearings and all nuts and bolts(stainless steel).
- Rebuilt Cylinder Head, Differential, Starter motor, Alternator and SU Carburetors. Re-cored Radiator. Engine has good compression, and cylinder bores were inspected when the head was off.
- New Brake and Clutch Master cylinders, and clutch slave cylinder. All new brake and clutch hydraulic lines.
- New Gas tank, Heater core, water pump, U-Joints, all hoses and lines.
- I am sure I may have missed other items that have been replaced or refurbished.
- Original bumpers and bumper brackets will be provided with the car. I have always preferred the look as in my photos.
The MG has not really been put on the road since all of this work has been completed, just short test drives. It drives like a typical MG Midget, and puts a big smile on your face, very like the first one I owned in England in 1976 !!!
Now to answer all the usual questions;
All the photos are of the actual car, taken in the last few weeks.
The MG is registered to me in BC, Canada, I will be happy to assist the new owner to ship the car to where ever they want in the world at their expense.
If the new owner is in the US, I will be happy to arrange with them for the car to be shipped from Blaine, Washington. There are 2 simple forms to complete (which I can provide) to allow the MG to be registered in any state in the US, this is because the MG is over 25 years old. Should you have any questions about this please contact me, I have sold several of my collector cars to happy US owners over the last few years. I also have shippers that I have used in the past within the US.
Should you have ANY questions about the car, price, shipping, documentation please contact me;
MIKE, PHONE or TEXT or WhatsApp1 778 867 1958or message me through Ebay.
I reserve the right to end this sale at anytime because the car is for sale locally.
DO NOT CONTACT ME WITH ANY OFFERS TO SELL MY CAR FOR ME.