1962 MGA MKII Recent Refurbishment Amazing Car
- Condition: Used
- Make: MG
- Model: MGA
- Type: MKII RD
- Trim: Roadster
- Year: 1962
- Mileage: 100
- VIN: GHNL2106197
- Color: Black
- Number of cylinders: 4
- Fuel: Gasoline
- Transmission: Manual
- Drive type: RWD
- Interior color: Red
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1962 MG MGA
Up for sale is “Jennifer”, 1962 MGA MKII. Over the last 5 months she has undergone a sympathetic refurbishment to become the running, riving, topping head turning car she is today. Here is a video link: https://youtu.be/8Hq2OZyIKy4 Here are some high pass details:
- Utilizing a scale similar to the Hagerty scale with 1 being a concourse and 4 being somewhere between a parts car and a working driver, his car is a 2- or 3+. Lacking very little to be a solid 2. Glad to discuss my opinion with you. My insurance established a value of $30K for the vehicle, hough I believe that may be a little above current market conditions;
- Engine was rebuilt about 3,000 miles ago by the previous owner. It runs strong and pulls hard. Currently the car is fitted with a new Weber downdraft as this is my personal preference for a driver. The original SU carbs are included and are operable, hough the cork seal on the back bank is leaking;
- Current Texas registration. Current Texas Inspection. Clear Texas Title in hand;
- Over the last 5 months every system has been looked at, ouched, hecked. We did what we thought necessary and beneficial to make this a car that can be driven to any show, njoyed on backroads and make the owner proud. Here is a partial list of what was done:
o Brakes: Master cylinder changed, ear shoes replaced, ear brake cylinders replaced, lead, leaned, ainted, mergency brake repaired
o Cooling: Radiator replaced, hermostat replaced, mith coolant gauge replaced, ew fluids and “burped”;
o Drivetrain: Engine evaluated, gnition wires and plugs replaced, enerator pulley replaced, xterior gaskets replaced, ransmission serviced, lutch disk and release bearing replace, ew slave cylinder installed along with hydraulic line, ropeller shaft cleaned and painted, ifferential serviced, /p>
o Electrical: Replaced harness, any switches, ights and fixtures so that currently every electrical device is operational;
o Exterior: repainted with multiple coats of Omni base/Clear deep black. Replaced front & rear bumpers, eplaced top, eplaced spinners, epainted wheels with 3 coats of base & 3 coats of clear, ew body pipping, ew wheel spinners, ew windscreen, ew emblems and vents, ew lift-the-dots
o Interior: new carpets, ew panels, ew dash coverings, ew rails and rail coverings, ew steering wheel and hub, ew thresholds, ew blanking plate, eworked seats and seat frames, eplaced tachometer, eplace switch knobs, eplace stainless screws, aint top frame, nstall wheel cover and trunk carpet kit, /p>
More work than this has been done, ut this catches the big stuff. Look at the pictures.
What does it need? That is up to you. My opinion is nothing for a fantastic driver. If you want to bump to a solid condition 2 car, would suggest:
- Wet/Color sand paint to get the minor orange peel and little imperfections out. Paint is new, as not been waxed yet. Small dimple in passenger door from being shut to hard. Might push out. Overall exterior is a 7 to me;
- Reinstall heater unit which is included. Its Texas and I did not want to restore the unit;
- Obtain a correct set of side curtains, ag and drop cover;
- IDK what else. This is about as good as you get for under $30K.
Car is located in Dish Texas which is North Dallas/Ft. Worth near Texas Motor Speedway. Please inspect or have inspected if you desire. Of course, ith any car, he is being sold as is-where is. I wouldn’t hesitate to drive her across the country, hough I’d rather do it in a B.
Yes, would consider a partial trade if it was right. It would have to be British as these are the old gals we have a passion for.
Yes, MIGHT help with getting her to you, owever that will be OUTSIDE of this listing and NOT INCLUDED in the winning offer. Probably need to be within 350 miles or so. Give me a call, ext or email. Bryan 940.206.9372.
She is for sale locally so I reserve the right to terminate early.
Feel welcome to ask questions.