1962 MG MGA MKII Restored, Excellent Condition, California Car with Hardtop
Price: US $14,100.00 Item location: Greensburg, Pennsylvania, United States
- Make: MG
- Model: MGA
- Type: Convertible
- Trim: Convertible
- Year: 1962
- Mileage: 12,500
- VIN: GHNL2/104909
- Color: Red
- Engine size: 1622 CC
- Number of cylinders: 4
- Fuel: Gasoline
- Transmission: Manual
- Drive type: RWD
- Interior color: Tan
- Drive side: Left-hand drive
- Options: CD Player, Convertible, Leather Seats
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1962 MG MGA ConvertibleThis is a 1962 MGA MKII that has been in my family since 1963 (54 years). The car is a California car and was purchased by my brother in law in 1963 in Los Angeles, CA. The car is a matching numbers car with its original 1622 CC engine (16GC-U-H4783), transmission, rear end and has never been in an accident or any seen any winters. Also has a matching hardtop. The car has always been in Southern California until I purchased it and shipped it to PA in an enclosed trailer in 2002. I am a Pittsburgh MG Club and NAMGAR club member.
The car is Chariot red with a beige leather interior and maintains its original stance including steel wheels, polished trim rings and wide white wall tires. The car had a frame on restoration in 1994 when the interior was installed and the car was painted its current color. The transmission and engine where rebuilt in 1994 as well.
Since my ownership in 2002, I have performed the following maintenance:
• 2017 the Front suspension was rebuilt including remanufactured dampers (shocks), all bushings replaced, 2 new tie rod ends replaced, new rubber boots, repainted all front end components, etc.
• 2017 an aluminum radiator, new radiator hoses were installed, oil change with Pen grade, & replaced the oil filter. The convertible top is stay fast canvas with matching stay fast canvas side curtains (with side curtain cover bags) and tonneau cover the top bows were repainted the correct beige.
• I removed the engine in 2012 and had the engine repainted, installed a header with a Pace performance muffler, replaced the water pump, replaced engine gaskets, repainted the engine bay and had the distributor rebuilt by advance distributors. I refinished the wheels and installed Coker radial wide white walls (165 R 15), including the spare. The complete wire harness was replaced with a new fabric harness, new S/S brake lines, new rubber hoses, rebuilt carburetors, rebuilt the heater box, rebuilt the wiper motor, installed a new heat shield for the carburetor, replaced the air filters, installed new plugs.
• In 2004 the car was converted to 12V Negative ground and electronic ignition was installed. Also, a CD Player and 4 speakers were installed.
All the gauges work as they should including the tachometer and speedometer. All of the lights work correctly and has factory fog lights. The car has a factory oil cooler too. The car drives, shifts, and stops as it should. No issues with vibrations, shimmy or unwanted noises.
The trunk is carpeted; there is a spare tire, original Shelly Jack, tool kit and the engine crank.
I have a matching hard top that is a period correct manufactured by Parrish tops with a stand and cover.
I have receipts for the service I performed over the years.
The paint isvery nice chariot red with a clear coat. Considering it was painted 23 years ago it still maintains its original luster and brilliance. No Rust or issues with the frame or inner fenders. I have won a few car shows in the past, most notably placing 2nd in the 2012 Pittsburg British Car day (MGA class with more than 20 MGAs present) where MGs were the marquee of the year.
Includes a custom car cover too.
See the videos below for a detailed walk around and the engine running.