1973 MG MGB-GT one owner, warehouse find
Price: US $2,500.00 Item location: Bennettsville, South Carolina, United States
- Make: MG
- Model: MGB
- SubModel: MGB-GT
- Type: 2 door coupe
- Trim: GT
- Year: 1973
- Mileage: 33,000
- VIN: GHD5UD321111G
- Color: tan
- Engine size: 4 cylinder
- Number of cylinders: 4
- Power options: Air Conditioning
- Fuel: Gasoline
- Transmission: 4 speed manual
- Drive type: RWD
- Interior color: black
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1973 MG MGB GTI bought the car from the original owners. It had been stored in a warehouse for the past five years.
- The clutch hydraulics have been replaced - master cylinder and slave cylinder. The brake system has also been replaced - master cylinder, wheel cylinders, front disc brake calipers.
- The fuel system has been cleaned.
- Car runs goods, shifts smooths and stops well. Occasionally carburetors putter under load - I'm told they need adjustment.
- I eliminated the need for two 6 volt batteries in series. Runs off of a single 12 volt battery.
- The muffler and tailpipe are later modifications and the muffler is loud.
- As with alot of these cars, it has a slow oil leak when it sits for a while in the shop.
- The car has a dealer installed Air conditioning! I can't tell if it works or not but it's all there and the owners said it had been working.
- The tires hold air but are dry rotted, The chrome on the lug nuts is flaking off.
- NO VISIBLE RUST! Pans are solid. Some surface corrosion where master cylinder leaked, but nothing serious. There is a small bubble on the hood lip(see photo)
- The car was resprayed at some point. There is a series of Polaroid photos of the work showing windows out and trim removed.
- The chrome and bright works is is decent condition and most could be polished out.
- The rubber weather stripping around glass is dried out but keeps the water out for now.
- Interior in great shape with only a cracked and buckled dash pad.
I have all of the original paper work including the window sticker! Some maintenance records too.
The car is located in northeastern South Carolina, about 20 miles from I-95 at the NC/SC border. I can deliver for cost up to 100 miles.
Car is sold AS-IS - please ask questions!