MGA MGB roadster convertible classic corvette
Price: US $31,500.00 Item location: Abingdon, Virginia, United States
- Condition: Used
- Make: MG
- Model: MGA
- SubModel: 1957 Roadster
- Type: Convertible
- Trim: standard
- Year: 1957
- Mileage: 3,673
- VIN: HDL4333977
- Number of cylinders: 4
- Fuel: Gasoline
- Transmission: Manual
- Drive type: RWD
- Interior color: Tan
- Options: Leather Seats
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1957 MG MGA 1957 RoadsterA 2 year Frame off sebring style restoration completed in 2015. Every item is either new or refurbished to new standards. All parts where media blasted. The Frame is coated with POR15 and body undercoated with raptor tintable urethane.
I would rate the paint as 8 or 9 out of 10. A few touched up paint chips here and there and door sill area . AKA seat belts. The front fender welting could be better. I have new welting from a well known British restorer that is exact duplicate of original and much better then the well know vendors sales here in the states. The lucky buyer gets this and the front bumper braces if he or she wishes to add bumpers.
The motor is a MGB 1800 3 main engine and 3 syncro 4 speed transmission and sports a 391 differential gear for highway cruising. The motor was rebuilt by the previous owner. I verified by compression and leak down testing.
Other modifications are as follows.
- 3 point retractable seat belts
- Protronix electronic ignition module and sport coil.
- Brakes are drum assisted by a Single Line Brake Servo Booster .
- Two ATO fuse panels replaced the troublesome Lucas designed 2 fuse module. Included schematic of the rewire for the technical guys.
- New style nippondenso 5840115 starter "available at advance auto".
- Modern Ignition key switch with starter and accessory position.
- Gm 63 amp alternator
- converted from positive to negative gnd.
- Copper Nickel Brake lines
- USB and voltmeter module. must have for cell phone and GPS
- Sebring style fiberglass front valance.
- Minilite Style Wheel - Knockoff - Anthracite - 15" x 5.5" "got these from England
My wife and I have driven the 3600 miles on the car and is well sorted out. Real fun to drive. Entered in first car show these year and wond best import. A real crowd pleaser, gets a lot of attention. Mileage will go up as we will drive the car on these occasional beautiful fall days.