1960 MGA Amateur Off Frame Restoration
- Condition: Used
- Make: MG
- Model: MGA
- Type: Convertible
- Trim: Roadster
- Year: 1960
- Mileage: 941
- VIN: HNL75643
- Color: Red
- Engine size: 4 cylinder 1600
- Number of cylinders: 4
- Fuel: Gasoline
- Transmission: Manual
- Drive type: RWD
- Interior color: Tan
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1960 MG MGA
- The body is straight and there is no rust. Boot floor replaced.
- Both rocker panels replaced and coated with body cavity treatment.
- Original bumpers and grill with small dings and dents. Shines up nicely. Most small chrome parts are replacement Moss parts.
- Five new Kankang tires and four new replacement spoke wheels.
- The body was sand blasted and primed with epoxy and top coated with enamel It is not a professional paint job and there are some blemishes, over all it looks good.
- The windshield is original with new seals.
- All under side metal and frame treated with “Chassis Saver” paint.
The original 4 cyl 1600 engine has been totally rebuilt, the car starts and runs great. All new parts were boughtfrom Moss Motors, most invoices available. New parts include
GM 12 volt alternator, converted to negative ground.
- New +.030 pistons
- New +.010 main and rod bearings,
- New cam, bearings, push rods and lifters.
- New Battery
- SU rebuilt Carburetors, New Gas tank, and lines, fuel pump, and sending unit
- Complete exhaust.
- New starter and ring gear.
- Rebuilt magnafluxed head with hardened exhaust inserts.
- Compression 167 +/- 4
- New vinyl harness in complete working order, all instruments and lights work including speedometer and tachometer.
- Speedo jittery, New cable included in spare parts.
- Tach slow to return to zero, needs bearing surface cleaned.
- Original 4-speed manual that worksgood.
- Replaced clutch plate and throw out bearing.
- Replaced 2nd to 3rd syncro, 3rd to 4th was good.
- Replaced both end seals.
- All rear end seals replaced.
- Front disk rebuilt, new rear drum cylinders.
- New Piping.
- Dual brake reservoir rebuilt.
- Hoses replaced.
- It has been fully serviced
- Rack seals replaced
- New leather seat covers
- New floorcarpet (from Moss Motors)
- New door pockets and kick panels
- The steering wheel is original
- The wooden floor panels replaced with marine plywood.
- New tonneau cover
- New fabric covered plastic side curtains (2)
- New convertible top.
Rear convertible top attachment screws pulled through materal and repaired poorly. I would do a better job if I intended to keep the vehicle.
Oil Pressure is 50lbs at cold startup, 22lbs at hot idle and 60lbs on highway.
Shock Absorbers were professionally rebuilt with bearings and oil seals
Originally miles were 86,000, after rebuilt 900+ miles.
Would expect winner to pay $500 down immediately at close of auction and remaining balance paid through a cashiers check. Buyer is responsible for pickup and would prefer 8am to 5pm so we could meet at local bank and deposit check.
I encourage anyone interested in the car to ask any questions before buying and to conduct a thorough inspectionto be satisfied astoits condition. I have made every effort to represent the overall conditions ofthis vehicle and to disclose anyknown defectsas accurately as I can and to the best of my knowledge. All the descriptions Ihave made are for identification purposes only and are not to be construed as warranty of any type.I'm selling it as is, where is with no warranty, expressed written or implied. Serious inquiries only, please.On Sep-09-16 at 13:29:57 PDT, seller added the following information:
There was a typo in the VIN and I am unable to change it, but here is the actual VIN: GHNL75643On Sep-10-16 at 06:08:23 PDT, seller added the following information:
lso included Fiberglass Top (needs rebuild),Spare head casting,original generator and misc parts
The car and I are located in Warsaw MO, 100 miles south of KC MO on HWY 7.