1970 MGB - No Rust Ever - 3rd Owner - Colorado
Price: US $9,250.00 Item location: Monument, Colorado, United States
- Condition: Used
- Make: MG
- Model: MGB
- Type: Convertible
- Trim: convertible
- Year: 1970
- Mileage: 68,000
- VIN: ghn5ua196353g
- Color: Red
- Engine size: 1.8L
- Number of cylinders: 4
- Transmission: Manual
- Drive type: RWD
- Interior color: Black
- Options: Convertible, Leather Seats
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1970 MG MGBThis is an extremely solid and original 1970 MGB. I am the third owner and have owned it for a year and a half. The original owner purchased it new and lived in the Portland suburbs. He sold it to the second owner (his neighbor) when he retired and moved away. The second owner bought the car in about 2002. I flew to Portland last year and purchased the car from the second owner when his son became of driving age and needed to park his car in the garage. I am selling it because we will be putting our house on the market and will not be able to have a garage spot for it for a year.
- Solid and original, rust free car with all original factory sheet metal (still have factory VIN number(s) stamped in floors).
- NO RUST EVER.
- Starts, runs, shifts and drives great.
- Hardtop included but needs complete new gasketing and rebuild.- Soft top in near new condition.
- Excellent new leather seat covers and new foam.
- All electricals work perfectly other than emergency flashers.
- 5 excellent wire wheels and tires.
- 1970 was only year for split rear bumper.
- No history or accident evidence.
- Probably the most rust-free and honest example in Colorado.
- Miles believed to be 68K but unverifiable.
- Speedometer not working after sitting all winter but working to fix now.- Not original exhaust and damage to exit point from rubbing on curb or speed bump (second owner).- Second owner had a stereo installed and I have disconnected it.
- Various minor dings and flaws.
- 2nd owner had car resprayed (poorly). It is originally a red car as shown in door jambs but the respray makes the car look somewhat orange in direct sunlight. It is "red" at night.
I've tried to represent the car in the pictures to the best of my ability. However, if you have a specific concern or would like a specific photo, just let me know.
This is NOT a show car although my wife and I took it several local shows last year. Lots of fun!! It has always been a driver. The paint is fine but would need to be professionally redone to make this car a show car. I think this is an example worth it. This could be a great father/son or father/daughter restoration project. Simple and not very expensive.
I have the Colorado title in hand and live in Monument. If you're interested, please reply with your phone number. This will be a cash sale.
I will assist with shipping (which means I'll be here to help YOUR carrier load the car). You are 100% responsible for the cost of shipping and it's insurance.