1980 MGB MKIV, Meticulously Maintained by Enthusiast, Original Factory Paint
- Condition: Used
- Make: MG
- Model: MGB
- SubModel: MKIV
- Type: Convertible
- Trim: Roadster
- Year: 1980
- Mileage: 84,186
- VIN: GVVDJ2AG501910
- Color: White
- Engine size: 4 cylinder, 1800
- Number of cylinders: 4
- Fuel: Gasoline
- Transmission: Manual
- Drive type: RWD
- Interior color: Black
- Options: CD Player, Convertible
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1980 MG MGB MKIV
- You are bidding on a 1980 MGB MKIV, this will be the sixth car that I have sold through Ebay from my personal car collection that I started over 45 yeas ago (previously sold: Triumph Spitfire, Lotus Europa, Austin Healey 3000, MGA & a Jaguar XKE in the last 2 years).This MGB is my wife’s summer toy & has been for the last 8 year’s, she drives it on a regular basis & frequents many of the local car cruises & British car events. The MG has an interesting history which started in Miami Florida, moved to North Carolina in 1998 & then to Toronto, Canada in 2007...hence the nick name my wife has given her; “Caroline.”This MGB was one of the last MGB’s built before they ended production in late 1980. This ‘B’ sports it’s original factory paint (no resprays). A few performance mods. have been done to the car...Weber carb, Pierce manifold, LE front air dam, Borla stainless steel sport exhaust system with dual tips, electronic ignition, dual cooling fans with manual toggle switch & platinum spark plugs. Additional options are the factory hardtop, upgraded sound system with CD player, Marchal halogen ‘flat style’ headlamps, dual Lucas driving lamps (rare factory option) full /boot tonneau covers & factory vinyl spare tire cover. The MG comes with the factory; Owner’s handbook & Consumer Information booklet published by: British Leyland Motors Inc, jack & lug wrench.
- My wife & I are reluctantly selling this MGB (as we did the others) but given my age & desire to reduce my car collection to focus on just a handful of my long term favorites, it is time for it to go to a new home.
- This MG has been lovingly cared for by several British sports car enthusiasts during its past ownership & has received all of the required maintenance to properly preserve this 36 year old classic. The MG has seen minimal use as a summer driver for its entire life & has only clocked 84,000 miles, the car is remarkably; solid, straight, accident/rust free with all original body panels...still sporting it’s original factory paint (no re-spray)...called Leyland White (BMC/BL code: BLVC243). The paint looks great & shines well, but has been touched up in few spots over the years & shows some minor weathering & imperfections in areas. The body & underside are rust free (original floors & rockers) the underside of the car received two Waxoyl underbody treatments during our ownership to further preserve the MG.
- The convertible top with zip out rear window is the factory original & is in excellent condition with clear windows & no tears. The interior received a complete restoration in 2015 with a new carpet kit (Moss deluxe molded fit), under padding insulation, seat covers & foam cushions...the interior is literally brand new. The door panels are the originals in excellent condition. The dash board & upper dash pad are in perfect condition. The factory hardtop was restored in 2010 & was painted Leyland white to match the body & all new rubber seals & hardware was installed during the resto.
- The car is in excellent mechanical condition; believed to be a ‘numbers matching car’ the engine starts right up (manual choke for the Weber carb) runs smooth, pulls strong & doesn’t burn oil. Shifting through the gears is effortless & is an absolute joy to drive....I have owned many MGB’s & this one is the best I have ever driven! The steering & suspension are tight & can be driven at freeway speeds with no abnormal noises or vibrations, I wouldn’t hesitate to drive this car anywhere. All of the electrics are in perfect working order including the lights, gauges, wipers etc.
Recent work includes:
- new tires (less than 500 miles on them)
- New stainless steel Boral exhaust system complete front to back)
- New fuel pump
- New coil
- Rebuilt brake master cylinder & wheel cylinders
- New ignition wires, cap & rotor
- Complete new interior – carpets, seat foams & covers (seat frames & rails cleaned & detailed)
- Hardtop – rubber seals & hardware all replaced with new components
- New spark plugs
- Back-up lamps replaced with new ones
- Valves adjusted
- Turn signal stock/switch replaced
- New chrome headlamp trim rings
- U-joints replaced
- Lucas factory style driving lamps (relay kit needs to be installed which I have)
- LE style front air dam
- New radiator (Moss unit)
- Control arm bushings
Please note: the engine was completely rebuilt at approx. 75,000 miles, new clutch, release bearing & spigot bushing were all replaced with new parts.
If you want specific pictures please feel free to ask, I will do my best to accommodate. Ask as many questions as you like, I will respond quickly & as accurately as I can.
Given that I am located inCanada, someUSand offshore buyers may be reluctant to bid given the border crossing and or importation paperwork required to import the vehicle to their home destination… I can assist with providing the buyer with contact information to an international transportation company (specializing in relocating vintage & classic cars worldwide) that will safely and at a reasonable cost transport the vehicle I have personally used this company several times and have been extremely pleased with the pick-up & delivery.
A $500 non-refundable deposit is required within 24 hours of auction close. Balance of payment must be made within 7 days of auction close.