MG: 1968 MGC GTS Tribute Car - 100% Steel Body - OFFERS
- Condition: Used
- Make: MG
- Model: MGC-GTS
- Trim: Coupe
- Year: 1968
- Mileage: 4,000
- Color: British Racing Green
- Engine size: 6 Cyl, 3 Liters
- Number of cylinders: 6
- Fuel: Gasoline
- Transmission: 4 speed with Overdrive
- Drive type: RWD
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1968 MG MGC-GTS
Here's a unique opportunity to own one of the best MGC GTS Tribute cars ever made.It is now listed with an "Offers" option, and all serious buyers are invited tovisit “www dot MGC-GTS dot com” for a highly detailed description of the build, with many photos and a video of the car in motion. Please direct ALL inquiries, questions, and offers to the email listed on the website. Make an offer… you might just be the next owner of one of the finest and most accurate GTS replicas in the World.
1968 MGC Sebring Replica Race Car Tribute:
In the late 1960’s, the MG Car Company Works Department built two (2) lightweight aluminum bodied MGC race cars to compete in the 12 hour Sebring endurance race. This is a very close replica of those cars, but with all steel bodywork. Fiberglass replicas are available in the UK costing much more than my Buy It Now price. This car has NO fiberglass, and the metalwork bill alone on my final empty body shell was $30k.
This car is the result of a 10 year effort with little expense spared. I had access to MBL-546E (one of the two original race cars) which resides nearby, and have added accurate details not found on other replicas.
Brief Summary of build features:
• 100% steel body hand rolled on an English Wheel.
• All fuel, hydraulic and electrical lines run inside the bodywork as per the race cars.
• Engine balanced, flywheel lightened by 7.5 lbs, mild Iskenderian street cam (perfect for daily driving), custom Ron Davis aluminum radiator, flowed intake manifold, Maniflow headers ceramic coated and wrapped, dual 2 in. SU carbs, Pertronix ignition.
• Custom exhaust exiting in front of rear wheel as per original race cars.
• 4 speed 4-synchro Overdrive transmission.
• Full roll cage welded to frame (no side bars on entry ways to make it easier to get in and out).
• US spec metal dashboard (US spec “rubber” dash removed).
• Period Les Leston aluminum racing wheel, racing seats with 4 point harness.
• Double fuel pump as per original race cars (double solenoid SU pump from Jag) mounted in correct internal aft position with inertia switch.
• SPAX adjustable front shocks.
• Poly bushes front and rear.
• Custom rear deck.
• Mini-Lite wheels.
MANY more written details with pictures and video on website. Please send all inquiries to email link found on website. Every nut and bolt on the car has been refurbished, or upgraded to match the original race cars as closely as possible, while still allowing the car to be driven daily on the street. Car would also be suitable for classic rally use, weekend track days, etc..
(International buyers please contact me by Email on website for questions regarding shipping.)