1960 MG - MGA 1600 MK1
Price: US $10,600.00 Item location: Pittsboro, North Carolina, United States
- Condition: Used
- Make: MG
- Model: MGA
- Type: Convertible
- Trim: Roadster
- Year: 1960
- Mileage: 1,002,432
- VIN: GHNL74225
- Color: Blue
- Engine size: 4 cylinder
- Number of cylinders: 4
- Fuel: Gasoline
- Transmission: Manual
- Drive type: RWD
- Interior color: Tan
- Options: Cassette Player, Convertible
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1960 MG MGAGreat reliable car for the back roads and weekend driving. This car comes with a new set of 60 spoke chrome, tubeless, wire wheels, and new radial tires. Less than 1500 miles on the tires. Interior door panels, seat covers and carpet have been installed, and are in very good condition. A Mahogany dash panel has been installed in place of the metal dash.
Over the last few years, several systems have been rebuilt or replaced.
1. Fuel system. Carburetors rebuilt using teflon o-rings on the jets, and a new fuel tank and sending unit.
2. Front suspension bushings and hubs replaced.
3. Brake system. New master cylinder, rebuilt front calipers, 3 new hoses, new rear brake cylinders, springs and brake shoes.
4. Engine and transmission. Previous owner stated that the engine and transmission were rebuilt in 2004, less than 3500 miles ago. The engine compression tested at 160 -162 on all 4 cylinders. The oil pressure is 60 psi running at spee, and 40 psi at idle. The engine is a 1500 engine, not the 1600 the car was built with. The transmission shifts through the gears easily and the rear end is quiet. 2nd gear synchros are starting to show wear.
5 Convertible top and tonneau cover. The top was replaced with the interior. The tonneau is the original black short style.
The generator has been replace with a alternator, and the oil filter has been changed over to a spin on filter. The original generator and oil filter housing are included.
The car comes with the original side curtains that will need rebuilding.
The body panels are straight and true. The doors, hood, and trunk panel fit is very good. The 30 year old paint job is starting to show its age with some clouding, dents and dings. It should buff up to a very presentable shine with a little work. The only rust is in the inner rocker panels. They should be replaced at some future time.
Inspections and test drives welcome. You won't be disappointed.