1964 Comet Caliente V8
Price: US $900.00 Item location: Lake Oswego, Oregon, United States
- Condition: Used
- Make: Mercury
- Model: Comet
- Trim: Caliente
- Year: 1964
- Mileage: 0
- Color: Red
- Engine size: V8
- Number of cylinders: 8
- Fuel: Gasoline
- Transmission: Manual
- Drive type: RWD
- Interior color: Red and White
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1964 Mercury CometIf you are entering the Muscle Car club, ere is a chance to purchase my 1964 Comet CalienteThis beast is a true survivor of the ages - looking pretty good for 51 Years of age...I love the lines and trim on this Muscle car.I have owned and drove my Comet for quite a while now.
Here is my list of known facts about the car:
- Original paint and interior
- No body damage
- Chrome is very good as well as all the stainless trim
- THIS IS A TRUE SURVIVOR
- White wall tires are great!
- The V8 engine was rebuilt but I do not know when. The car runs awesome! Watch the video...
- The transmission is tight and shifts smooth with Three on the Tree
- The glass is all good and windows work as they should
- All gauges work as they should
- All interior lights work as they should
- All exterior lights work as they should
- There are 427 badges someone added, left them on, ort of cool (see picture)
- Nice heavy duty rear air shocks and new front shocks, s well.
- New water pump and hoses
- Rebuilt carburetor
- Washington state historical/collector car plates
- This is a true survivor, ut also a driver and brings a lot of attention!
- This video is an introduction to the Caliente https://youtu.be/PcXOaVGK6vs
- This video is the car drivinghttps://youtu.be/RV6mxFL4jww
- You could repaint
- No real body work, hough it has a small bit of primer paint at the rear wheel wells
- Redo the interior and update
- Parking brake lever is stiff, eeds to loosen up a bit
- Horn is not honking right now, ould just be a fuse, ay work at sale time, ay not.
- I will work with shipping companies.
- $500 non-refundable deposit due within 24 hours of auction close
- Please do not bid if you do not have at least 10 feed backs and they should all be perfect
- This car has been a blast for our family, ut the wife says no seat belts, hen no driving the kids. No way was I going to drill holes in the floor.
- Would I drive it across the USA? Not sure, ut that certainly would be an adventure, would take old route 66.
- It did make the drive from Washington state to Las Vegas and back - for the Hot August Nights, 013. (see front license plate)