1946 Mercury Eight Deluxe Convertible Black/White - Rare - Only 6,044 made
- Condition: Used
- Make: Mercury
- Model: Eight
- SubModel: Deluxe
- Type: Convertible
- Trim: Deluxe
- Year: 1946
- Mileage: 87715
- Color: Black
- Engine size: 239
- Number of cylinders: 8
- Fuel: Gasoline
- Transmission: Manual
- Drive type: RWD
- Interior color: Black
- Drive side: Left-hand drive
- Options: Convertible
- Vehicle Title: Clean Want to buy? Contact seller!
1946 Mercury Eight DeluxeFor Sale: 1946 Mercury Eight Deluxe.
Here's the history on this vehicle as I know it. This car has been in my family for more than 50 years and was stored in the family garage since my father acquired it. The vehicle was left to me by my late father. The car is supposedly one of 6,044 convertibles produced by Mercury for the 1946 model year. It looks to be almost entirely original as you can see by the photos. The only thing I believe is missing is the air cleaner, which I have not been able to locate. The car at this moment is not running, although I did personally see it running and driving about 7 years ago. Mileage shown is approximately 87,715. I was told by my father that the miles are original, as I seldom seen him drive it other than for parades and special events. The car's paint looks to be original and is in good shape for a car 74 years old. The dash, heater, speedometer, clock, radio and dash trim are all present and complete. The Bumpers are both straight and even include the rare bumper ends both front and back. The car body is solid and has virtually no surface rust. The car's trim is complete and even comes with original Mercury hubcaps and all of its distinguished badges. This car is primed to be a easy restoration/show project or it could be good original driver for those who prefer that sort of vehicle.
* This rare classic is being sold "As Is" (with no warranty or guarantees to its condition or information). I have a clean title and can show it by appointment only. Price is Firm (Please do not ask), Deposit money is Non-Refundable and the car must be purchased using Ebay. Thanks!
Here is a some history about the 1946 Mercury Eight Deluxe:
Built during first year for car production and sales following WWII, this Mercury Convertible Coupe is one of 6,044 convertibles produced by Mercury for the 1946 model year. The post-war model shared sheet metal and the flathead V-8 with Ford but the very distinctive chrome-laden front end and other interior appointments gave Mercury enough identity and appeal to put this more expensive model in 12th place in Americaâ€™s auto production for 1946.
- 239 cu. in. flathead V-8 engine
- Three-speed column shift manual transmission
- Features clock and radio
- Original hub caps.
- The Paint is is in good condition for a 1946
- All the glass is good condition
- The roof is in good condition and has only one slight imperfection.
- Original Mercury dual spotlights
- At this time I have been not able to locate any keys
- Dash, speedometer and all dash components look to be original and in good shape.
- Car is believed to be an original 1946 Mercury Eight Convertible.
- Tire are old and need to be replaced