1962 mercury meteor custom 1961,1962,1963 monterey comet fairlane ratrod hotrod
Price: US $6,500.00 Item location: Riverhead, New York, United States
- Condition: Used
- Make: Mercury
- Model: Monterey
- SubModel: meteor custom
- Type: Sedan
- Trim: custom
- Year: 1962
- Mileage: 89,000
- VIN: 1234567890
- Color: candy apple red metallic with graphics
- Engine size: 260 v8
- Number of cylinders: 8
- Fuel: Gasoline
- Transmission: Automatic
- Drive type: RWD
- Interior color: custom black and reed
- Drive side: Left-hand drive
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1962 Mercury Monterey custom1962 MERCURY METEOR CUSTOM SEDAN
260 V8 AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSION
Up for sale is a 1962 Mercury Meteor Custom sedanturn key runs and drives everyday around town and occasionally the highway runs to the car shows
the Goo, the Bad, and the Ugly will be listed and described about this item to represent the details as openly and honestly as possible.....
SOOOOOOOO.....here it is boys and girlsThe chronical timeline of work done and condition of "Betty"
I bought car from a police department liquidation as it was originally intended for some far off dream of a police museum or historical display ?Anyway, well cared for mechanically and not really modified outside of its factory options or production.
1. I changed fuel tank (with new, all lines up to the engine, as well as had the carburetor rebuilt professionally as to prevent old gas problems as car sat....
2. All Spark Plugs, Wires, Cap rotor and Points done before even starting and beginning to drive her
3. Brakes on all 4 wheels as well as 4 BRAND NEW TIRES with 0 miles on them.
4.. Interior restoration ......with passenger floor boar, New carpeting front to bac, Leather seat cover on front benc, Package tra, Trunk compartment sealed and carpeted as well in Black 80;20 loo, Headliner perfect and no rips or tears.
5. Exterior restoration ; custom ..... Candy Apple Red Metallic from House of KolorFirst... chrome and trim removed from car and steel wooled and buffed out mirror car sanded down to metal and sprayed with a Dupont Epoxy primer for smooth finish. Base coat Acrylic Enamel Black then sprayed 2 coats Metallic Candy Matte Black Flames are 3M vinyl and can remove without harm
The Good as she is a good solid car,there are some disclosure of things needed...
1. Windshield has crack running 12" from halfway up middle to bottom of glass.Does not leak however as I pressed Marine Tech clear liquid epoxy resin to prevent the crack to run. Windshields are available though for $275 from Safelite
2. Car is not clearcoated over Ghost flames, but one coat on paint.
3. Original Radio does work but disconnected and Am/Fm CD installed in glove box compartment..
Please feel free to ask questions as I believe information can only help in the bidding decisions.. Questions and answers will be posted publicly in the listing.
Ebayers with a rating of 0 or negative feedback as buyer will not be able to bid...sorry !
All in all a great car...and for the purist...easily put back to original.
Good Luck and Happy Bidding !!!