1964 Mercury Montclair $6500
Price: US $6,500.00 Item location: Collegeville, Pennsylvania, United States
- Make: Mercury
- Model: Montclair
- Type: Sedan
- Trim: 4 DR Sedan 54B
- Year: 1964
- Mileage: 66,396
- VIN: 4W52H504097
- Color: Black
- Engine size: 390
- Number of cylinders: 8
- Fuel: Gasoline
- Transmission: Automatic
- Drive type: RWD
- Interior color: Black-Gray
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1964 Mercury Montclair 4 DR Sedan 54BFor sale is my 1964 Mercury Montclair. Its a 4 door sedan with the electric breezeway window. Only 15,520 made. This one is the 4097 one built. Car has power steering, power brakes, 2 speed wipers and has one of the largest trunks out there. The car runs and drives. The car has the Marauder badge on i, but it is not one. I found some history on this car from a previous owner who contacted me while listed before on eBay. The car had the Marauderand Rally Flag emblems added so it could be in an ad campaign for 2003 Marauders. I found a photo online taken at Pocono of the 5 Mercury's together. Not 100% sure its this car, but it does look like my car.This is a project hobby car for me and I never intended to make it a show car. I just refurbished or replaced many parts on the vehicle as a hobby. Its a good car to continue on with restoration or make it your hobby. I have a long list of parts and repairs made and also include the items that still need attention. The car is being sold as-is and has NO warranty of any kind. There are no returns for any reason. Shipping is at the buyers expense. Accepting Paypal! Major bank cashiers check or cash. Check must clear and/or cash must be successfully deposited in the bank before title work is done. Please email me with questions. I will have the car locally for sale and reserve the right to end the auction if it sells locally.
Main restoration items / parts
1. Seats reupholstered by an upholstery shop, carpet replaced with AGC custom carpet, soundproofin, new AGC floor mats, windlace replaced, door gaskets. dome light (door cards were not replaced) Head liner is in good condition.
2. Floors were repaired in several locations using sheet metal and rivets. main issue was drivers side rear area. Very sturdy now. Trunk had one small patch also. Trunk floor has soundproofing.
3. New 3 row radiator, heater core, hoses, thermostat, water pump, temp sender. Runs very cool. Heater box rebuil, new rubber collar for heater box and new firewall insulation.
4. New Milodan oil pan, pickup shaf, oil pump, oil pump shaft and gaskets. new hi volume oil filter bracket
5. New Cloyes timing chain set, timing cover with sea, crank snou, crank pulley and belts.
6. Rebuilt correct date 1.33 Autolite 2100 carb, SS gas and vacuum lines, fuel pump gas line from fuel pump to tank was replaced and is regular steel.
7. New tires, brakes, master cylinder, front wheel bearings and seals. Back brake lines replaced.
8. Cleaned and painted engine area, some painting on the engine, valve covers, air filter container.
9. Alternator rebuilt and has a new style voltage regulator. New battery tray.
10.Converted to Pertronix , flame thrower coil, rebuilt distributor, 8mm Magnecor wires
11. New front and rear shocks and rear springs, power steering pump, control valve and cylinder professionally rebuilt, new tie rod ends, idler arm bushings and sway bar bushings.
12. All glass is OK
13. Original Mercury AM/FM radio with NOS Jensen speaker
14. Dome light along with many bulbs, sockets and lenses replaced. All gauges, switches and heater fan work.
15. Tires are Cooper Cobra. Also has Mercury man spinner style hub caps (not shown in pictures)
16. No AC installed.
17. New windshield washer pump
Many more items were replaced.
Here's what I know needs to be done. I encourage potential buyers to have the car inspected so you know the full scope of what needs restored or replaced.
1. Front control arms bushings. They have the rubber rotted.
2. Front end alignment
3. Double check the drum brakes. They stop now however I only drive the car once a month.
4. Transmission leaks some. Its the MX transmission. It shifts fine. I replaced the pan gasket and filter. Definitelybetter now. I used Type F trans fluid.5. Rear engine seal needs replaced. Doesn't leak much but I do notice a few drips.
6. Exterior and under-bodycould use paint and some body work is needed to bring it closer to show car.
7. Recommend exhaust system replacement to duals.
8. Needs a spare tire . Original Jack and tools are included.
9. Front bumper is slightly bent and could use straightened and refinished.
10. Sun-visors need restitched.11. Trunk drop off has the seam rusted and needs repaired.
This is good car with good bones just needs the next owner to take it to the next level.
Any questions or require another photo just send me an Ebay email