1951 Mercury Custom LS-1 Chopped
Price: - Item location: Weatherford, Texas, United States
- Condition: Used
- Make: Mercury
- Model: Other
- SubModel: Chopped Top
- Type: 2 door sedan
- Trim: Custom
- Year: 1951
- Mileage: 111,111
- VIN: 51SL90919M
- Color: Black
- Engine size: 5.3 LS-1
- Number of cylinders: 8
- Power options: Air Conditioning, Cruise Control, Power Locks, Power Windows
- Fuel: Gasoline
- Transmission: 4L60E Automatic overdrive
- Drive type: 4L60E Trans - 9" traction lock
- Interior color: Multi color blanket
- Vehicle Title: Rebuilt, Rebuildable & Reconstructed Want to buy? Contact seller!
1951 Mercury Other CustomI am unable to complete this custom Merc due to health.
Set the cruise and get 22 mpg at 70 mph!
- Top chopped 3"
- Totally roadworthy
- Engine LS-1 5.3 and 4L60E from 2004 Tahoe < 40k miles total!!!
- Massive 5 core Copper Radiator
- PW, PL, Tilt/Telescope, GM Factory Cruise Control
- “UltraGauge Plus” on OBD-II for complete performance readings
- 11” Bendix Disks on front (AMC Pacer totally rebuilt, power rack/pinion)
- NewPort wipers
- Ford Torino traction lock 9” Rear with 3.25 gears w/large drum brakes,
- Lug pattern is Ford 4 1/2" on 5
- Traction bars, driveshaft loop
- Just installed new Flow-Masters with heat shields above
- Class 3 receiver hitch behind license plate for towing + wiring for trailer brakes
- Rear Air shocks w/on-board compressor and tank + air hose and nozzle
- Vintage Air Super Cooler needs hoses hooked up to complete
- Heavy insulation built in.
- Four “3 point” seatbelts,
- Heavy Cadillac door latches.
- TANKS stainless tank w/internal fuel pump
- Hidden compartments built into trunk floor and sides.
- Hydraulic floor jack in hidden trunk compartment.
- Matching wide white full-size spare.
- Huge amount of documentation, build pics, parts, paint, and computer files included
- All stainless and chrome trim included.
- Owned 20+ years, but only driven 6K miles and with LS-1 for only 2-3 years or 3K miles.
This is not a Rat Rod or a Low Rider. It is considered a classic '50s Custom, Kustom, Kemp or Streetrod. Also, I will not reveal the reserve price.