1973 Ford Mercury Capri MK1 2600cc V6 4-speed, Décor/GT edition RS2600 Clone
- Condition: Used
- Make: Mercury
- Model: Capri
- Type: Coupe
- Year: 1973
- Mileage: 116,000
- VIN: GAECML82920
- Engine size: v6
- Transmission: Manual
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1973 Mercury Capri
1973 Ford Capri MK1
2600cc V6, 4-speed, Décor/GT edition RS2600 Clone
PLEASE READ ALL BEFORE BIDDING- FULL DISCOLSURE
Love this little car, hate to see it go, but I have a bubbletop in my future. This car is not perfect, but a really nice DYI build. And there is work to be done, by YOU! Its only been on the road for about 14 months and 600 miles. It drives great, peppy, tracks and handles nice (for 42 year technology) and stops. Everything is fresh, clean, painted, powder coated and/or polished. Great for car shows and summer drives, gets lots of attention!!!! I guarantee you, you’ll have the only 73 MK1 in your town! This car was built by a lot of good people over 5 years, its image is on retail packaging, in catalogs, websites and youtube videos. I have a ton of hard to find spares, upgrades, manuals, awards, etc to go with it.
History: Capri was bought new in Bethlehem PA. I bought from a gentleman in Bethlehem, PA in 2010- it sat in his barn for about 12 years. Has a clear reconstructed PA title
Concept: At the Eastwood Co. R&D department, we decided prove the concept that anyone could build a car with basic knowledge, tools and coatings in a two car garage. We let any EW employee jump in help and learn. The car has many many prototype and experimental products used in the build. It took us 5 years of our lunch hours to get the car from barn find to nationally recognized show winner. And its not perfect, it is functional and YOU get to finish it while you drive it! The hard stuff is all done! I tried to stay as “period correct” as I could using only NOS and out of production aftermarket parts, specifically Dobi, Clifford, Pacesetter, Team Blitz and Ford NOS. I scoured the country and spent years amassing a lot of really really hard to find parts and upgrades on this car, they are included.
- 2015 First Inaugural Ford National Select Honoree. One of 14 cars from around the country chosen to represent the Ford Brand at a special exhibit in Carlisle PA. HUGE Honor, I’ll always be #10!
- 2015 Maple Grove Raceway Class Winner (Ford car show and race)
- 2015 Wheels of Time, Macungie, PA, special invitation for import exhibit
- 2016 Best of show- voted by attendees at the Dorman Products car show (more than 150 entries)
- 2 products developed while building this car won new product awards at the SEMA show
- New passenger side floor
- New inner and outer passenger rocker panels
- Dobi NOS Fender Flare
- Dobi NOS Front Air Dam
- Dobi NOS Whale Tail
- Dobi Rear Window Louver
- Dobi NOS sport side mirrors
- Comes with RS2600 Front Corner Bumpers
- Taken down to bare metal, epoxy primer, high build poly primer, urethane primer.
- Painted in Eastwood Gasser Green metallic basecoat/clear coat- looks amazing in the sun! Not a perfect paint job, but driver quality and no complaints, just thumbs up everywhere you go.
- 1973 2600cc (2.6Liter) V6, .030 over, balanced, 600 miles. Former SCCA race spec motor. The original 2.6L motor is available. OR drop a 5.0 in it and tear up the street!
- Heads ported, all new valves, springs, etc
- Offenhauser 2-piece intake manifold ported
- Holley 390cfm 4-barrel, prof rebulid
- NOS Chrome Pacesetter headers
- Mallory Uni-Lite distributor NOS
- Mallory/Rausch racing ignition box (mounted, not wired in)
- Original radiator re-cored and rebuilt. Heater core disconnected.
- Original 4-speed, cleaned and serviced by transmission shop
- New team Blitz HD clutch, pressure plate, t/o/b, resurfaced flywheel
- Pacesetter Stainless exhaust tips. Prototypes from 1997
- Ansa Dual Exhaust- needs welding or replace
- Underside painted and encapsulated
- GT interior, decor group
- Custom upholstery velour front and rear seats, in dry storage since 80s, looks new. Same pattern and stitching as original seats
- Front door panels are painted black, velour front door panels included
- Rear door panels match velour and restored originals included
- GT 6-gauge dash- all functioning, all NOS switches all work
- Original AM radio, no tunes in this car
- Team Blitz Package Tray
- Factory Console, rare NOS Capri shift knob
- Dobi 6-point roll bar, welded in, passes street drag tech
- Eastwood thermocoustic sound deadening material (prototypes) on floors, underhood and roof. No carpeting
- MSW 15” wheels, Khumo tires, about 300 miles on them
- Drilled and slotted rotors
- Rebuilt calipers, new hoses, lines, etc.
- Team Blitz 1-3/4” sway bar
- Dobi rear traction bars (try to find these!)
- Dobi leaf spring helpers
- Dobi camber plates (to set alignment)
- Team Blitz struts and 2” lowering springs
- Team Blitz aluminum steering coupler
- Rebuilt rack and pinion unit
- All polyurethane bushings (where available)
What YOU need to do (I’ll try to do some of these, but assume I wont)
- NOTE: The engine smokes at idle, I think it’s a leak at the intake gasket. I have a new one ($125ea!) included. Or it could be the rings haven't seated yet, not sure. Also original intake and rebuilt 2bbl carb in case you ever want to switch back to original look or vintage racing spec.
- Install headliner (included)
- Carpeting (not included)
- Door weather-stripping, its available but not from me
- Weld up or replace the exhaust, small leaks and not centered to the exhaust cut-outs, itdoesn'tleak too bad, gives it that "fart-pipe" sound
- Wire up the mounted Mallory ignition box (included)
- Replace the oil gauge line, it doesn’t leak, but its plastic, I was going to use metal tubing.
- Clutch pedal just started vibrating at about 40mph, could be plastic bushing at firewall.
- Install shoulder harnesses (included) factory lap seat belts installed
- Install and paint RS2600 Front corner bumpers, Dobi air dam lower rubber valance, mount back bumper, if you so choose
Spares (bring a truck!)
- RS2600 Front Corner Bumpers
- 2 sets of wheels 14” aluminum slots and original 13”
- 2 4-speed transmissions,OE drive shafts
- Trim, lots of trim and bumpers
- Velour front door panels to match seats. also, full set of originals
- Velour custom made headliner
- Complete rear (posi units available for V8)
- Team Blitz one-piece drive shaft
- Team Blitz mono leaf springs
- Front strut assemblies with adjustable coil overs
- Original carb and intake rebuilt
- Dobi NOS Lower Rubber front valance with hardware (find this!)
- Dobi powder Coated “Capri V6” script cast valve covers
- Bag and bags and bags of labeled and sorted parts, gaskets and fasteners
- A couple of big Rubbermaid bins full of good spares
- Books, manuals, awards, catalogs, ads, decals, etc
Sold as-is, where is. I will certainly help with shipping. Buyerresponsiblefor taxes, tags, title and shippingfees. This car is NOT being sold by theEastwoodcompanyand is no longer connected toEastwood, private seller.