1973 Mercury Marquis Brougham Hardtop 2-Door 7.5L
Price: US $3,500.00 Item location: Arvada, Colorado, United States
- Make: Mercury
- Model: Other
- Type: Hardtop
- Trim: Marquis Brougham Hardtop 2-Door
- Year: 1973
- Mileage: 65,000
- Color: Red
- Engine size: 7.5L 7539CC 460Cu. In. V8 GAS OHV Naturally Aspirated
- Number of cylinders: 8
- Power options: Air Conditioning, Power Windows, Power Seats
- Fuel: Gasoline
- Transmission: Automatic
- Drive type: RWD
- Interior color: Black
- Options: Leather Seats
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1973 Mercury OtherHello!
I'm a car collector with TOO MANY PROJECTS! I'll never get around to all of them, so I want to give others an opportunity to enjoy these great cars!
Up for sale here:
My 1973 Mercury Marquis Brougham 2-door hardtop!
This car was ordered for a dealer in Twin Falls, ID originally...with Red Metallic paint and a full black "halo-style" vinyl top!
It has a strong 460 V-8 4bbl. with the virtually indestructible C6 automatic transmission (smooth as they come)! Gas mileage was NEVER a concern with this great ride!
The black leather interior is near-mint condition (check out the photos!) The only flaw is a tear in the bottom of the driver's seat...all other seating surfaces are pristine!
Door panels are good condition and complete...the arm-rest assemblies have cracked and split as is common for Ford products of this year...and the headliner has separated over the back seating area (also very common for Fords).
It has a power bench seat with fold-down armrest...the "joystick" on the switch has been broken off, but the switch still works fine (I'll include a replacement switch...just haven't had time to install it). It has power windows but the 1/4 windows do not work currently (the motors are fine but the insane design with a plastic gear driving a metal gear driving a large metal window regulator strikes again)...I have replacement plastic-to-metal gears for both windows and I will include those as well!
The dashboard is cracked in a couple of places but nothing a dash cover or dash cap won't fix...the instrument panels are in great shape, as is the steering wheel. The original full-length black rubber front floor mat is still with the car (not in the pictures however). The AM radio was ordered with the rare rear speaker (small control knob that sticks out under the dashboard to fade between front and rear speakers).
This beautiful Brougham has the automatic parking brake release, automatic headlamp doors (still work), automatic passenger-side seat back release, and automatic temperature control with A/C (works but needs a charge).
The exterior of the car has had a less-than-stellar repaint at some point (over-spray but original color)...it shines for a short while before it oxidizes again and looks faded. The black vinyl top has split in a couple of places and will need to be replaced. The chrome all looks good (some scuffs, dents, etc. but nothing drastic and the car IS 43 years old!) The fender skirts are in place and all of the emblems, etc. are in place as well. This car has an incorrect hood ornament that a previous owner installed (from a later year Marquis)...but it looks decent (just not correct for 1973).
- 460 V-8 runs well with a recently rebuilt 4bbl carb...probably could use a tune-up and hoses/belts replaced due to dry rot
- Mileage is believed to be original mileage
- No rust...a dent in the passenger-side door and a "pellet-sized" dent in the driver's side are the only two body issues I've noticed.
- Marti Report will be included which lists this as 1 of 112 with these paint/trim codes
- Original wheel covers still in place (and fender skirts as well)
- Complete car, ready for polishing/cosmetic restoration and daily driving!
- Vinyl top has dried out and split
- Not a great repaint...but presentable when waxed (see photos)
- Needs tires! Someone put black-wall SUV tires on this puppy at some point...and they'll hold air for about 1 week
- Needs shocks (does NOT have air-ride)
- Headliner flaws, power window flaws, dashboard flaws, door panels flaws already listed above
- Exhaust system leaking at muffler (looks like muffler blew up at some point)...a little louder than it should be for sure!
PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS CAR HAS BEEN OFF THE ROAD FOR 10+ YEARS...TRANSPORT IS RECOMMENDED!
This car is being sold as is, where is...buyer responsible for arranging transportation (I will store the car for 30 days to give buyer enough time to arrange transport). No warranties are implied.
Payment must be received within 7 days of Buy-It-Now transaction...NO PAYPAL! I will send an invoice upon completion of sale!
Thanks for looking!