1939 Mercury Low Rider Convertible
Price: - Item location: San Francisco, California, United States
- Condition: Used
- Make: Mercury
- Model: Other
- Type: Convertible
- Trim: custom
- Year: 1939
- Mileage: 3,681
- VIN: 99A765806
- Color: Red
- Engine size: 350 Chevy
- Number of cylinders: 8
- Power options: Power Windows
- Fuel: Gasoline
- Transmission: Automatic
- Drive type: RWD
- Interior color: Gray
- Options: CD Player
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1939 Mercury OtherCustomized 1939 Mercury Convertible Low Rider. The vehicle has been chopped, dropped and shaved. The vehicle runs mechanically well but does need attention in certain areas. Details to follow. The car has participated in many parades with no mechanical breakdowns and the average drive times are in excess of three hours. This is the type of vehicle that will be serious competition if you plan to show the car or use it in parades. The vehicle has a history of consistently placing in 1st, 2nd or 3rd place. Recent additions to the vehicle include the installation of a new gas tank and fuel system along with Power Brakes. The 350 engine is out of a 1996 Chevy Pickup Truck. The rear end of the Mercury is from a Jaguar and the front end is from a Mustang. The duel exhaust runs through the bumper and has Mustang exhaust trim. Push button doors. Rear air shocks for lift. The front hubcaps are from an early model Corvette. Low mileage Michelin tires. Louvers on the hood and the two spotlights are original but they do not light. Rear wheel covers are after market reproductions. CB in vehicle. The body, paint, grill and Carson convertible top are not perfect on the vehicle. Some scratches and chips and small stress crack on shaping and crack on rear bumper. I have attached various photos for review.
1) The vehicle was broken into and vandalized. The drivers side windows glass was bent and cracked and is stuck in the down position. The door was broken (see last 3 photos). The handle does not open the door from the inside. The door opens and closes but it can only be opened by the push button which is located on the front bottom of the door. I use the vehicle with the top off so this has not caused and issue to drive the car.
2) The portable air compressor which is located in the trunk broke. A new air compressor has been purchased but the air system needs some work. The lift system can be activated in two ways. Once reconnected the rear lift can be activated by pushing a button on the center console. The lift can also be activated by connecting the portable air compressor to a valve that is located on the center console. The rear air shocks have a leak so either the hoses need to be changed or the shocks.
3) The tail lights have 4 lights. Two of the covers vibrated off while driving the car so i placed red tape over two of the tail lights.
4) When the car was vandalized the remote for the stereo was stolen. The stereo is not a very expensive unit and can easily be replaced if needed.
Thank you for taking the time to read the ad for the Mercury. This is a fun vehicle but it is time to let someone else enjoy the car. I have been as honest as possible in my advertisement. The car runs great but needs attention in certain areas as described. 4 years ago I had a lot of loose ends corrected so this car should be in top shape once these items are addressed. The vehicle is sold as is.