1986 Mercedes SL560 560 SL Soft Hard Top Convertible Low 54K mi
Price: - Item location: East Hampton, New York, United States
- Condition: Used
- Make: Mercedes-Benz
- Model: SL-Class
- SubModel: 2 Dr Convertible
- Type: Convertible
- Trim: 2 Door Convertible
- Doors: 2 Doors
- Year: 1986
- Mileage: 53,917
- VIN: WDBBA48D4GA041562
- Color: Red
- Engine size: V-8
- Number of cylinders: 8
- Power options: Air Conditioning, Cruise Control, Power Locks, Power Windows
- Fuel: Gasoline
- Transmission: Automatic
- Drive type: RWD
- Interior color: Tan
- Safety options: Driver Airbag
- Options: Cassette Player, Leather Seats, Convertible
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1986 Mercedes-Benz SL-Class 2 Dr ConvertibleI have had this car for 3 years and when I purchased it I was told it was a oneowner car. The car is in great shape as onewould expect from a 54k mile car and runs extremely smooth. All gauges and instruments work including the clock and I also had all the instrument lights replaced. The heater works perfectly and I had the AC serviced this Summer (Ibelieve they had to replenish the freon) and it was working fine but I am unable to to check itcurrentlywhen its cold outside. Last time I used the soft top was 2 Summers ago and it was in very good original shape. Paint and chrome seems flawless. The interiors are in fantastic shape - no rips, ears or anything like that.
I will list below what Iknow to be the shortcomings-
1) The radio is the original Becker which works fine however there are 2 interconnected issues- Theantenna up/downbuttondoesn't work and the antennaautomatically rises when the car is turned on. Also the driver side speaker seems to be out. Mymechanic told me its all the same issue stemming from a glitch in the radio wiring and since mostpeople wantto replace the radio and speakers I have not bothered addressing it.2) There are three switches that the original owner had installed (look at the pictures) and nobody seems to know why. Maybe for abat-phone.3) There are very light scratch marks right behind the hard top (look at the pictures) from bumbling the removal & installation of the hardtop.4) There are supposed to be 2 tools to tighten the bolts for the hard and soft-top and I am missing one. One tool is sufficient for the operation and you can alwayspurchase the other.5) There is a 1/4 to 1/2 inch crack at the end of one of the vents on top of the dash (picture) and some of the driver door seal trim (picture) seems a little frayed6) There is a hairline crack at the base of the tail-light (picture).
I have the hard top stand and a bunch of manuals (picture).
I am selling because I am moving by the end of Jan and Idon't have the room to store this car at my new place. I am not anexperiencedeBay user so my preference is for a cashier check payment and for the buyer to check out the car, est it and take it away. From what I have seen, nbsp;my 'buy it now' is reasonable and I reserve the right to sell it prior to the end of theeBay auction.
If you have questions & are serious about bidding and especially if youdon't haveeBayfeedback please contact me.