1966 Mercedes-Benz Unimog 404.114
Price: US $6,000.00 Item location: Houston, Texas, United States
- Condition: Used
- Make: Mercedes-Benz
- Model: Other
- Trim: Truck
- Year: 1966
- Mileage: 9,999,999
- Engine size: OM617
- Fuel: Diesel
- Drive type: 4WD
- Vehicle Title: Rebuilt, Rebuildable & Reconstructed Want to buy? Contact seller!
1966 Mercedes-Benz Other1966 3.0L Diesel Mercedes-Benz Unimog 404.114 - This truck is also listed locally and this listing can thus be removed at any time.
VIN: 404.114-043266 (The side window shown in the picture is NOT included as it is now part of another Mog for sale. The cab doors are included.)
I bought this Mog in The Netherlands and shipped it over to Houston a few years ago. It has been imported as a farm/off-road vehicle so there is no title. It does come with German "Bundeswehr" papers, hich could be used to get it titled.
The typical Mog characteristics:
- Rear wheel drive that can be shifted into 4-wheel drive on the fly (at any speed) and diff lock front and rear (also on the fly)
- 6 forward speeds and two reverse
- Removable doors
- Mercedes-Benz Diesel engine conversion (engine# OM617.910.12.000293) from a sedan (most likely a 300D) - Starts and runs great.
YOUTUBE VIDEO of Engine running:
http://youtu.be/VcjNqDYYF24 (put link in browser)
The engine is inserted straight up and not on a 15 degree angle. This way no oil pan mods necessary.
- Converted to 12V so only need one battery (new Optima yellow top included)
- Custom stainless steel bed with fold down sides and ramp for ATV, obcat etc.
- Bed sides are removable as shown. Tail gate is included but due to the ramp does currently not attached to the bed.
- Modern style fuel tank built in between the frame rails for optimal protection
- Continental 12.5R20 MPT tires with as-new thread, ee pix.
- Ball hitch and (hidden) stock military pintle hitch
- Vertical tail pipe
- Electric fan that is manually switched on/off (great advantage)
- Throwing in two original "jerry" gas cans with spouts
- some spares available that can be added for an additional price.
- Its an outside truck. So there are rusted areas, ee pix. Most areas are just surface rust. The 404s are notorious for cab rust as its made of 50+yr old sheet metal. The core of the 404s (engine, rive train, rame, tc.) have proven to be much more resistant to rust. I have many 404s and this one is no exception to the rule :). So the core is in good shape, ut the sheet metal parts have rust. It might look rough but this is a very capable truck, n any terrain.
- Engine bay wiring could be cleaned up a bit. Front driving lights and dash lights work. The rest (rear, rake, ndicator) are not working (i suspect needs hooking up as wiring seems to be in place).
The Mog is currently located in Houston, X, 7082. Vehicle is local pickup unless other arrangements have been made.
I can deliver for $1 per driven mile within a 500mi radius.
Cash, ertified check from a major bank, r Pay Pal. The total amount (including any prior agreed delivery fee) to be paid at pickup or departure for delivery. If paying by check the vehicle will be held until the check clears. If paying by Pay Pal, he PayPal fees will be added to the purchase price.
Please let me know if you have any questions.
Thanks for reading!