MERCEDES BENZ UNIMOG DRY CHEMICAL FIRE EXTINGUISHER VEHICLE
- Condition: Used
- Make: Mercedes-Benz
- Model: Other
- SubModel: UNIMOG
- Type: UTILITY
- Year: 1973
- Mileage: 43,400
- VIN: WDB40401310061495
- Color: RED
- Engine size: 6 CYL INLINE 2800 CC
- Number of cylinders: 6
- Fuel: Gasoline
- Transmission: 6FWD x 2REV
- Drive type: AWD
- Interior color: GREY
- Options: 4-Wheel Drive
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1973 Mercedes-Benz Other UNIMOG
Offered here is an original, tock, nmolested example of gasoline-powered UNIMOGS at their finest, or the day. This 1973 Trolf8 (Trocken-loesch Fahrzeug 8) or dry chemical extinguishing vehicle spent its career working for a German long distance pipeline concern – whose responsibilities included the protection of pipelines and equipment. It was designed to extinguish fires requiring a non-spattering nor combustible medium, .e. a dry powdered chemical. In this case common household bicarbonate of soda !
The vehicle was mustered out of service in 2006 and has been in the US since 2008. It has not been modified or butchered as is so common with many Unimogs that have hit the shores of the USA. Original mileage stands at 43 XXX kilometers, r about 27,000 miles. Vehicle has been well taken care of in the US, arely used and never abused nor used for its intended purpose.
A compliment of tools, quipment and accessories come with this vehicle in the form of hoses, ozzles, eat-protective fire-fighting gear (hood, loves and smock), liding tool trays in a robust tool locker, ocated behind the cab and accessible from either side.
Inert Nitrogen gas was originally used as a propellant with manifold and controls intact. Nitrogen tanks are empty. Additional features include:
- M130 Factory original Mercedes inline 6 cylinder motor of 2800 cc. The “Cadillac” of the 404s series. Compression readings of 150 lbs. recorded.
- Dual Zenith 32 NDIX off road carburetors with original air horn and oil bath air cleaner intact.
- Standard Mercedes 404 transmission with six forward, wo reverse speeds.
- 2 WD, 4WD and mechanical differential on the fly lockers for a true AWD experience.
- 120 Liter (approx. 28 gallon) single main fuel tank.
- Recent maintenance work includes: replaced master brake cylinder, eplaced fuel pump, eplaced brake hoses
- Two fast response hose assemblies with approx. 80 feet of hose each with STORZ (quick disconnect European) fittings
- Four hand held 12Kg dry chemical portable extinguishers
- 750 Kg dry chemical tank. Tank retains approx. 50% bicarbonate of soda filling
- Tripod for installation of searchlight (searchlight not included)
- Various tools (incomplete) for maintenance, illing and emptying of main tank, etc.
- Two trailer hitches, one ¾” and one European commercial standard.
· Two trailer hitches, one ¾” and one European commercial standard.
· 24V trailer electrical socket.
· Two heat-resistant flame attack suits consisting of face shield/hood, loves and body apron.
- Unimog Owners operation manual (English)
- Mercedes Factory workshop manual (English)
- Spare Parts List for Fire Fighting Equipment from the firm of TOTAL
- Operational Instructions for fire fighting installation (German)
- First aid kit
- Road Hazard combination warning and flashlight
- Cab tilting poles for extended maintenance or repairs if ever required.
- Wheel lug wrench and handle.
The possibilities are endless. Use it as is in an appropriate setting; be it pipeline, irport, tc. Modify it to suit contractor or construction and field vehicular maintenance of tractors, tc. or use the cab chassis platform for a custom camper, ilming platform, r other type of conversion. As a museum piece, his unit would provide a significant addition to any collection of European rough terrain fire-fighting equipment from the era.
$1,000 non-refundable deposit due within 24 hours of auction end, he remainder within one week, r prior to shipment – whichever comes first. Buyer is responsible for arrangement of shipping if not driven away.