1979 Mercedes Benz 450 SEL (4.5L) W116 in good condition
- Condition: Used
- Make: Mercedes-Benz
- Model: 400-Series
- SubModel: 450 SEL
- Type: Sedan
- Trim: Base Sedan 4-Door
- Year: 1979
- Mileage: 124,000
- VIN: 11603312094225
- Color: Black
- Engine size: 4.5
- Number of cylinders: 8
- Power options: Air Conditioning, Power Windows
- Fuel: Gasoline
- Transmission: Automatic
- Drive type: RWD
- Interior color: Tan
- Options: Sunroof, Leather Seats
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1979 Mercedes-Benz 400-Series 450 SELFor sale this beautiful Mercedes Benz 450 SEL (1979) 4.5L. I bought the car through an intermediary from an original owner’s family member few years ago. Since then I have been updating too many things to have the car in perfect running condition and in great shape. The car has had professional maintenance and repair. Several new parts have been installed to replace old ones and to make the car to have a good performance. I have been careful about replacing original x original parts, o most of them are. I’ve had this car under a lot of mechanical and esthetical improvements because my goal was to have this beauty running perfectly and looking very good and I did it. I’ve invested top money and time to have this car as is. I noticed a small leak at the transmission seal and after mechanical evaluation it was not bad, ut I decided to make full transmission rebuild. So this car basically has a new transmission, ince it was fully rebuilt the car does not leak nothing and runs strong and powerful. It has 12,000 miles warranty for the transmission with the invoice that I will transfer (I put only 350 miles after that, o you will have thousands of miles to run it under that warranty). The car has low miles (only 124K for its age) and it has been always kept in a garage (also with a 4 layer car cover that will be included -$150 value-, ee picture). The black paint is in exceptional shape and there are no signs of rust. Tires and rims are in very good condition also. I tried to be as accurate as possible with the pictures but if more pictures are needed, lease email me. The interior is clean and most parts are original but aged as normal. Front cover seats were replaced for new ones (vinyl leather like) and back seat covers are the leather originals. I strongly suggest to make an appointment and check the car in person so you will have a better idea of what you want and what you get. This is a well conserved car, ut also is an old car so it is better to take a look. The car is registered in Oklahoma but I have it in Denton, X. There are a few things that don’t work in the car like the sun roof, he radio (not original) and the vacuum door lock system. Probably not a real big deal to repair if wanted. Also the cruise control is not working (normal for the age). I focused more on the engine (that works great) and I left apart those minor issues. The air conditioner works good (blows ice cold air) and lights, ower windows, dometer and other instrument clusters are in good working condition. The title is clean (on my name) and there’s no record of any kind of problem with this car to my knowledge. You can look for information with the VIN number, ut since it is a 1979 car, t’s hard to find any because the 17-letters VIN numbers were accepted only after 1981 and is hard to find information before that year. The majority of cars of this age, et’s say all, re offered with no labor or transferable (invoices) warranties of any kind, nd the truth is that a car can look great exteriorly but can come with a lot of bad surprises that will cost you several thousand dollars. This is not the case. I’m going to list every aspect improved or fixed in this car, s long as the ACTUAL VALID AND TRANSFERABLE REPAIR WARRANTIES (I will sell the car AS IS, ut I will transfer all invoices with the respective warranties): Peripheral improvements
1. NEW hood release handle and cable.
2. NEW parking/brake knob.
3. NEW front bottom seat covers (2). The old ones had scratches so they were replaced. The other covers are the original and in good conditions, xcept a few scratches in the back seat (see picture)
4. NEW window regulators (left front and left back).
5. NEW original star emblem.
6. NEW seat release handles.
7. Full transmission rebuild. (Has a warranty until February 2016 or 12,000 miles, nd I put only 350 so you have still 11,650 miles under warranty)
8. Muffler replacement.
9. Heat servo unit replaced.
10. Water pump replaced (also belt, -belts, tc). Complete maintenance.
11. All fuel lines replaced.
12. Some upper hoses replaced.
13. Ignition, uel and charging systems evaluated.
14. Differential service performed (differential kit).
15. Power-steering system flush.
16. New brake calipers.
17. New brake pads, iscs, eals, oses and sensors.
18. New thermostat kit.
19. New brake fluid (brake flush kit).
20. New oil change.
21. New oil filter.
22. Fuses revised (kit included for replacement).Apart of the warranty of the transmission, he muffler service has also warranty until 02/16 and repairs from number 9 to 18 have a warranty until 08/16 or 24,000 miles as specified in the invoices. Be aware that the warranties are valid only at the places where the car has been serviced (Denton and Arlington, exas). All repairs and parts invoices will be transferred to the buyer with actual warranties. Included also:
- Spare tire with original MB rim.
- Car cover (4 layer against dust, V, ain, now)
- Original set of basic manuals (Directory, atalog of Parts, wner’s Emission Manual and Owner’s Manual)
-Repair manuals (this is a PLUS and a MUST!!), ll possible repairs, arts replacement procedures, tc. is described also with pictures, wesome. $250 value.
You will get:
1. Service Manual Chassis and Body volumes I and II.
2. Service Manual V-8 engines.
3. Haynes Automotive Repair Manual 350 and 450 series.
I will include also an original Mercedes Benz Key Bag in true Leather (brand new with original package), ee picture. Beautiful.Feel free to ask any question or request more information. I cannot take the car with me because of new job relocation (moving + wife = your toys away….don’t forget that equation!). You will not pay even a third part of what I have invested in this beauty. If you want a cheap Mercedes, tricky Fort Lauderdale or California used car dealer will offer you a real tomato (rotten engine) for this model. But the W116 series were not intended to be cheap, ot even 30 years after. They are cheap if they don’t run good. Don’t worry about the reserve price; it will be very, ery low considering all the features, ork, arts, aintenance and time invested in this car. I have never had a negative feedback on EBAY so what I describe and sell, hat’s it. Brutally honest. More questions, ictures, eferences, ust ask. Come to see the car, rive it, eel it, ove it. Email or call: 580-319-6837. Ask for Juan. The buyer is fully responsible for shipping. Local pick up is also welcome. A $500 deposit is required within 48 hours (PayPal) and payment in full within 72 hours after the winning bid (money order or cashier’s check only). Please have clear these requirements. Once complete payment is received and verified, sales contract will be sent (mail) and must be signed and returned by mail (return price included). Then, itle will be sent to new owner. (If in person, ust contact me) Serious buyers only, o please don’t waste your time and mine if you are not really interested. This is a classic, collector’s piece and needs to be in good hands. Thanks and good luck bidding.