1972 Mercedes Benz 350 SL Roadster 77,782 original miles!
Price: US $17,500.00 Item location: River Forest, Illinois, United States
- Condition: Used
- Make: Mercedes-Benz
- Model: 350SL Roadster
- Type: Convertible
- Year: 1972
- Mileage: 77842
- VIN: 10704412002683
- Color: Red
- Interior color: Black
- Vehicle Title: Clean Want to buy? Contact seller!
1972 Mercedes-Benz 350SL RoadsterThis rare, very early production R107 was one of the first imported to the United states. It has the desirable small bumpers and is a US model equipped with the powerful 4.5 liter 250 HP V8 and automatic transmission, has been meticulously maintained. I am the 2nd owner.
Major work done by Black Forest Benz, Glendale Wisconsin (specialize in restorations). Minor work and maintenance done by Urban's Auto
- (By Black Forest Benz) Engine rebuild done in 2010 at 63,797 miles (head gaskets were leaking oil to exterior). Just under $16k total parts & labor. Engine; transmission removed from car. Cylinder heads machined, valves and valve seats re-ground, valve guides replaced, valves hand-lapped and tested upon reassembly. New oil pump and oil pump chain. New timing chain, all chain guide rails, chain tensioner. All engine block and cylinder head seals & gaskets replaced. All coolant hoses replaced. All breather hoses replaced. All fuel lines replaced including injector stub lines. New injector guides & seals. New engine and transmission mounts and engine mount shock absorbers. Transmission not rebuilt at the time but any leaking seals were replaced.
- A new oil pump and new seals installed (after 40 yrs, it was time).
- Black Forest also rebuilding the original Becker stereo and added a iPhone dock and upgraded the speakers. This will allow music streaming from your cell phone.
- Correct original Becker radio, refurbished by Becker in 2007 w/ auxiliary input jack.
- Repainted in its original red color.
- Hub caps are original and have never been repainted.
- The original black interior is in very good condition. The black cloth soft top matching hard top in great condition
- Cold factory A/C. Works great; blows cold
- Power brakes and steering
- Fog lights
-Refrigerant hoses are in good condition
- Driver's seat bottom cushion padding replaced in 2010 with MB OE pad, original MB-Tex seat covering preserved
- Steering gear box, steering idler arm and steering linkage parts replaced in 2013 at 70,040
- Driveshaft flex discs and center bearing replaced in 2013 at 70,040
- New Vredestein Sprint Classic tires in 2014 at 71,473
- New fuel pump and filter in 2017 (Urban's)
- All (8) fuel injectors replaced in 2017 (Urban's installed them)
- All D-jetronic fuel injection system components are in good working order. D-jetronic wiring harness is in very good condition with all wire insulation and plastic plug housings intact.
- Non-smoking owner
Over 100 DETAILED photos here: https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=1PBqpVQvVXj69jEndethNh8hUKz5EHdke
Thank you for considering.