RARE 1972 Mercedes-Benz 350 SL Roadster only 77,842 ORIGINAL miles (w/hardtop)
Price: US $19,500.00 Item location: Elmwood Park, Illinois, United States
- Condition: Used
- Make: Mercedes-Benz
- Model: SL-Class
- Type: Convertible
- Year: 1972
- Mileage: 77842
- VIN: 10704412002683
- Color: Red
- Number of cylinders: 8
- Interior color: Black
- Options: Convertible
- Vehicle Title: Clean Want to buy? Contact seller!
1972 Mercedes-Benz SL-ClassFor Sale 1972 Mercedes 350 SL Roadster, only 77,842 original miles! This rare, very early production R107 was one of the first imported to the United states. It has the desirable small bumpers and is a US model equipped with the powerful 4.5 liter 250 HP V8 and automatic transmission, has been meticulously maintained. I am the 2nd owner.
Major work done by Black Forest Benz, Glendale Wisconsin (specialize in restorations). Minor work and maintenance done by Urban's Auto- (by Black Forest Benz) Engine rebuild done in 2010 at 63,797 miles (head gaskets were leaking oil to exterior). Just under $16k total parts & labor.Engine; transmission removed from car. Cylinder heads machined, valves and valve seats re-ground, valve guides replaced, valves hand-lapped and tested upon reassembly. New oil pump and oil pump chain. New timing chain, all chain guide rails, chain tensioner. All engine block and cylinder head seals & gaskets replaced. All coolant hoses replaced. All breather hoses replaced. All fuel lines replaced including injector stub lines. New injector guides & seals. New engine and transmission mounts and engine mount shock absorbers. Transmission not rebuilt at the time but any leaking seals were replaced
.- A new oil pump and new seals installed (after 40 yrs, it was time).
- Black Forest aslo rebuilding the original Becker stereo and added a iPhone dock and upgraded the speakers. This will allow music streaming from your cell phone.
- Correct original Becker radio, refurbished by Becker in 2007 w/ auxiliary input jack.
- Repainted in its original red color. - Hub caps are original and have never been repainted.
- Original black interior is in very good condition. The black cloth soft top matching hard top in great condition.
- Cold factory A/C. Works great; blows cold.- Power brakes and steering- Fog lights-Refrigerant hoses are in good condition.
- Driver's seat bottom cushion padding replaced in 2010 with MB OE pad, original MB
-Tex seat covering preserved.
- Steering gear box, steering idler arm and steering linkage parts replaced in 2013 at 70,040.
- Driveshaft flex discs and center bearing replaced in 2013 at 70,040.
- New Vredestein Sprint Classic tires in 2014 at 71,473.
- New fuel pump and filter in 2017 (Urban).
- All (8) fuel injectors replaced in 2017 (Urban installed them).
- All D-jetronic fuel injection system components are in good working order. D-jetronic wiring harness is in very good condition with all wire insulation and plastic plug housings intact.
- Hardtop in excellent vintage condition; rolling storage stand included in sale.
- Non-smoking owner.
Over 100 DETAILED photos here: https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=1PBqpVQvVXj69jEndethNh8hUKz5EHdke
LOCAL PICK-UP. Buyer responsible for shipping. Buyer's physical review of the vehicle required.
Thank you for considering.