1978 Mercedes-Benz 240D - 106K Miles - Documented History & Maintenance
Price: US $5,300.00 Item location: Atlanta, GA, United States
- Condition: Used
- Make: Mercedes-Benz
- Model: 200-Series
- Type: Sedan
- Trim: Base Sedan 4-Door
- Year: 1978
- Mileage: 106,544
- VIN: WDB12312312073220
- Color: Yellow
- Engine size: 2.4L 2404CC l4 DIESEL SOHC Naturally Aspirated
- Number of cylinders: 4
- Power options: Air Conditioning, Power Locks
- Fuel: Diesel
- Transmission: Automatic
- Drive type: RWD
- Interior color: Brown
- Safety options: Anti-Lock Brakes
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1978 Mercedes-Benz 200-Series
1978 Mercedes-Benz 240D
Documented ownership and maintenance history since original purchase on July 10th, 978
W123 chassis with the OM 616 Diesel Engine
No Reserve - will sell to highest bidderOwnership History: This 240D was purchased new on July 10th, 978, y a 64-year-old Georgian woman who was an avid golfer – a country club sticker is still proudly presented on the windshield. She took great care of documenting all maintenance activities from major brake and A/C services down to new wiper blades and grommets. Even the factory maintenance and emissions booklets were filled out and stamped. According to the maintenance and registration records, er son took possession in the mid-1990’s and it sold to two locals before being acquired by me. I am a private owner-enthusiast and have owned several vehicles from this era and very few are this well documented.Documents and Records:
- Pre-Delivery Inspection Sheet dated July 2nd, 978
- A copy of the original 1978 title with a purchase date of July 10th, 978
- Registration and bill of sale trail to-date
- Over 70 individual maintenance records chronologically ordered in a binder
- Original Owners Manual
- Original Maintenance booklet – production card with VIN, ileage, ates, nd stamps recorded
- Original Emissions Control booklet – mileage, ates, nd stamps recorded
- Original Service and Warranty Policy booklet – VIN is perforated into the book itself
- Original W123 Catalog “D” for parts
- Original “facts about FM and FM Stereo Performance in automobiles” booklet
- Original Consumer Information booklet with stopping distance, eserve load, nd passing ability information
- Two original Directories of Mercedes-Benz dealerships in the US as of February 15th, 978
- Original Cruise Control instructional tag in English and German
- Original Hirshmann manual antenna instructions
- Mercedes-Benz Roadside Assistance Program booklet dated 1984
- Royal Purple diesel oil and filter service just completed and it runs excellent with minimal vibration.
- The automatic transmission “sits” when engaged in drive as it should and changes up and down through all gears smoothly.
- The pneumatic vacuum locks engage and disengage quickly and smoothly through both door locks.
- The A/C operates nicely and blows cold.
- The manual windows operate without issue.
- Newer Michelin tires and brake pads help the W123 feel more secure on the road.
- The exterior wears the original classic “Light Ivory” paint code 623 that still has great gloss without fading or peeling.
- The original steel hubcaps match and compliment the color but do show some wear.
- All of the panels are solid and the undercarriage is dry and clean – check out the close pictures of the wheel well areas that are typical rot locations, ut not on this example.
- This early W123 has the nice addition of the chrome passenger side mirror.
- The chrome trim presents well with some areas of fading.
- There are a few scattered dents here and there, otably several small dents on the hood but do not show paint damage – there are a couple of small touch-up areas on the hood.
- Keep in mind this W123 is 38 years old but still presents better than many 8-year-old vehicles.
- The interior has held up exceptionally well with springy seats and virtually no wear.
- The instrument cluster needles are still a solid yellow-orange color and the seats do not show any color fading.
- The original Becker Europa works well and is still sharp – the exterior antenna is manual.
- The dash is in great shape with only two hairline ½” cracks found and the zebrano trim is still a rich color. The center vent zebrano trim is cracked but is an easy replacement.
- The headliner is tight without any sag.
- The door linings are nice and tight with minimal wrinkles.
- All glass is in excellent condition without cracks.
- This W123 qualifies for collector car insurance – current coverage can be had for less than $100 for an entire year.
- The vehicle is currently registered in the state of Georgia and will be sold on a bill of sale. The title from 1978 along with previous owner registrations will be included – please check your local rules and requirements for title and registration regarding vehicles of this age.
- The next path for this W123 could easily be a great causal or daily driver as-is, r with minimal work it could really be an outstanding showpiece. One of the best aspects is the included documentation that cannot be “repaired” or “duplicated”.
- This vehicle is sold as-is, here-is, nd without any warranty.
- A $500 non-refundable deposit is due via Paypal within 24-hours after the auction ends.
- The remaining balance will be due within 7 days.
- The buyer will be responsible for all shipping costs and responsibilities, s well as any international customs and paperwork requirements.
On Oct-24-15 at 05:14:23 PDT, eller added the following information:
- Thanks for all of the interest in my 240D. If you have Zero (0) feedback, lease contact me before bidding. Otherwise your bid might be cancelled. This is to protect the time and resources of me as the seller and of all legitimate interested buyers.
- Please read the description in its entirety and review all pictures before bidding. I would also be happy to provide a few more specific pictures via email if requested.
- Again, his vehicle is located and currently registered in the state of Georgia and will be sold on a bill of sale only. The sale will include a registration and bill of sale history of previous owners back to a copy of the original title. Please check with your local rules and requirements for title and registration regarding vehicles of this age.
- This auction is running at No Reserve so the vehicle will sell to the highest and final bidder.