1964 Mercedes Benz 190c Heckflosse Barn Find Survivor
- Make: Mercedes-Benz
- Model: 190c
- SubModel: W110
- Type: Sedan
- Trim: W110-M121
- Year: 1964
- Mileage: 134500
- VIN: 072073
- Color: Horizon Blue, DB304
- Engine size: 1.9L M121 SOHC
- Number of cylinders: 4
- Fuel: Gasoline
- Transmission: Automatic
- Drive type: RWD
- Interior color: MB Tex Blue
- Drive side: Left-hand drive
- Vehicle Title: Clean Want to buy? Contact seller!
1964 Mercedes-Benz 190c W110-M121This 1964 Mercedes was bought in Washington, PA at McClellan Motors. After many miles, 134,000, the car was parked in the family garage in 1976. I had the opportunity to buy the car from the family in May 2018. Having sat still for for nearly 45 years took its toll...flat tires, exploded battery, old gas/varnish in the fuel system and rusted-frozen brakes.We dragged it out of the garage and went to work,.
- Ignition: points, plugs, wires, condenser, coil, timed and new battery
- Fuel: fully rebuilt carburetor, fuel pump, hoses, filters, and pulled the gas tank for a cleaning, gauge reads, but sender needs to be serviced
- Brakes: master and wheel cylinders, shoes, flushed and bled
- Head: valves and guides, head washed and polished
- Suspension: motor mounts, right tie rod
- Exterior buffed and polished, and the interior was cleaned.
- Every Mercedes book, booklet that was distributed when the car was sold new is in the vinyl pouch supplied by Mercedes
- Jack, jack wrench, new spare tire on a painted rim. Tool roll with a full complement of MB tools
- 5 new tires.
- Current NYS Safety Inspection
- Clear title in the form of a NYS Transferable Registration
The car starts and runs, steers and brakes very well. It runs down the road straight and solidThe transmission is flakey...the electronic modulator (?) is intermittent and causes the tranny to search for the right gear. You can shift manually, but that isn't the answer. A rebuild would do it right.
- The interior is original. The driver's seat has two splits. The rear bench top and deck are sun scorched
- Clock does not run. The original, dealer installed radio is in the dash, but it has not been tested because the speaker is damaged.
- The speedometer failed last week. I hear it clicking, perhaps a stripped gear?
- The dash mounted heater valve is stuck and I have not gotten there yet.
- The paint is original from what the family told me. It has minor dings and dents. There is pin hole rust on the upper fenders behind the headlight housing. There is rust on the trailing edges of the wheel wells.
- All windshield and rear window rubber moldings are cracked and extremely weathered.
- The steering wheel pad plastic mounts have cracked, replacements are available. The steering wheel is cracked in several spots.
- Bumpers show rust and minor peeling chrome
- Because of a horn wire short behind the steering wheel, I installed a horn button to get through NYS Safety Inspection. It is mounted to the steering column.
This car starts easily and runs well. My belief is that the transmission needs to be overhauled. I am not qualified to test or sort out these older automatics. I sourced a remanufactured unit for $1750.
- The car can be driven onto the trailer.
- Included, is an extra instrument cluster.
Please I encourage you to come and look at the caror have someone come and look at the car for you BEFORE you bid.Inspection of the car is the bidder's responsibility and should be done previous to purchasing the car if you are unsure about anything.
The car will be available for inspection by appointment.
This car is sold as is where is with no warranty expressed or implied.
I have described the car as clearly and honestly as I can.
Shipping is the responsibility of the purchaser. Please have your funds readybefore you bid, a $500.00 non-refundable deposit is due 24hrs after auction close with balancedue within 7 days after auction close unless other arrangements have been made PRIOR to auction end. Wire transfer or cash in hand is preferred.
Should you decide to pay with a certified bank check, there will be a 10 day hold before the car is released to give the check time to clear,
THANKS FOR LOOKING AND GOOD LUCK!!!