1985 Mercedes-Benz 380SL w Hard Top: Solid Engine, Updated AC+More & 100+ Images
Price: - Item location: Sarasota, Florida, United States
- Condition: Used
- Make: Mercedes-Benz
- Model: SL-Class
- Type: Convertible
- Year: 1985
- Mileage: 140800
- VIN: WDBBA45C7FA030551
- Color: Red
- Engine size: 3.8L V8
- Number of cylinders: 8
- Power options: Air Conditioning, Power Windows
- Fuel: Gasoline
- Transmission: Automatic
- Drive type: RWD
- Interior color: Black
- Options: Convertible, Leather Seats
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1985 Mercedes-Benz SL-ClassThis 1985 Mercedes-Benz 380SL Roadster in Signal Red over Anthracite (Black) Interior
Includes matching Hardtop and Stand (shown in Photographs)
Please feel free to contact JD with ANY and ALL Questions 612-810-3924
You are bidding on a well maintained and strong running 1985 Mercedes Benz 380SL that has been in my ownership for the past 17 years. During that time your new Mercedes, has lived its life in Minnesota stored winters while being driven during the summer months. Currently the car is located in Sarasota, Florida and is being offered with a Clean Minnesota Title.
A bit about the car: The engine's compression checks pass with flying colors. The transmission shifts silky smooth as the car has received new seals and vacuum hoses recently. The work that has been done on the car (outlined below) has addressed those mechanical maintenance items that occur on a 30+ year old car, so my expense is your gain!
The body is in solid shape with no indications of rust (I have included photos of the floor boards and the underside in the gallery below).
The Mercedes is fitted with US-market chrome bumpers, trim, and headlights have been retained, and chrome trim around the wheel arches were installed prior to our ownership. Along with the optional 15â€³ Centra 31 wheels are fitted and feature gold Mercedes-Benz logos. In addition, within the past month I have replaced the soft-top window seals (top and rear). Lastly, approximately ten years ago the front seats were reupholstered and are in impeccable condition.
In the past two years we have made some considerable investments on several key maintenance items a high-level list includes:
- Updated the air conditioning system and converted it to R134a
- Installed a new compressor and receiver drier, along with and a new fan clutch
- Installed new camshaft, rocker arms, and timing chain tensioner. In addition to replacing eight new injectors, and a re-manufactured fuel distributor along with various breather hoses.
- Replaced the Driveshaft Support Bering with boot along with the necessary vacuum seals
- Replaced both front Tie Rods
- Replaced both rear sway bar links
- New FVP Platinum Battery
- New Soft-Top Window Seals (Top and Rear)
- (Full Service Records are provided in the images below)
Check out the Video Below for a Walk Vehicle Walk Around
Video will open in a new windowUsing the mobile app? Copy this link into your browser:
Vehicle Specifics Include:
Exterior - Signal Red
Hard Top - Signal Red
Soft Top - Black
Interior - Anthracite leather (Seats have been Re-upholstered)
Trim - Burl Wood
Stereo - Becker Mexico Grand Prix (has been disconnected)
Additional Included Items
Hard Top Stand and Cover
Areas where additional TLC are required:
- The stereo has been disconnected since we acquired the vehicle and, am not sure on its status
- The turn signals work intermittently from the turn signal stock, however, they work no problem when the hazard switch is turned on. The shop indicated this likely is a fuse issue relating to the turn signal stock.
- The dashboard clock, likely needs a new battery
Use the Links Below to Easily Navigate through the Photos
Exterior | Interior | Underside | Hard Top|Repair Orders & Carfax
Convertible Hard Top & Stand
Repair Orders & Carfax