1981 Mercedes 380sl - Low Miles; Three Owners; Full Service History
Price: US $18,500.00 Item location: Columbus, Ohio, United States
- Condition: Used
- Make: Mercedes-Benz
- Model: SL-Class
- Type: Convertible
- Year: 1981
- Mileage: 68700
- VIN: WDBBA45A0BB004327
- Color: Gold
- Number of cylinders: 8
- Power options: Air Conditioning, Cruise Control, Power Locks, Power Windows
- Fuel: Gasoline
- Transmission: Automatic
- Drive type: RWD
- Interior color: Brown
- Drive side: Left-hand drive
- Options: Cassette Player, Convertible, Leather Seats
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1981 Mercedes-Benz SL-ClassThis is a beautiful, all- original 1981 Mercedes 380sl. This car has been in the central Ohio area since new, and I am the just the third owner. I've owned the car for three years; driven sparingly and always garage kept under my ownership. I'm listing it for sale only because it's one of two weekenders that I own, and this car plays "second fiddle" to my 1986 190e 2.3-16 Cosworth.
While I am allowing a Best Offer capability to this auction, please understand that I am in no immediate need for a sale, so I will not be moving too far off the price listed. It's registered as a Historical Vehicle in Ohio, and is insured for $25,000 though Hagerty.
Some "positive" things...
- Zero rust (though the muffler needs replaced).
- Low miles.
- Full service history from new.
- New set of Michelin tires.
- Original Becker radio works as it should.
- Soft and Hard top. There are no tears in the soft top. The hard top comes with a storage carrier and cover.
- Runs and drives beautifully.
Some "bad" things...
- There is a scuff on the front driver's black rubber bumper area.
- The A/C button broke when my nephew pushed it a little too aggressively two summers ago. It broke in the off position. The A/C was working fine when this occurred.
- The driver's seat material was replaced with original MB Tex due to a tear in the seat. The passenger seat was not replaced.
- It could use the muffler replaced.
Will I take less?Make me an offer. The worst that I can do is say no. That said, please don't waste my time. I know that there are 380sl examples being offered for far less, and if they interest you, then pursue those cars and not mine.
Will I accept PayPal? Yes. That said, contact me if you want to do this first as I will not cover the fees.
Can this be driven across the country? Sure. I certainly wouldn't hesitate to do it.