1983 Mercedes-Benz 240D
Price: US $7,000.00 Item location: Clearwater, Florida, United States
- Condition: Used
- Make: Mercedes-Benz
- Model: 200-Series
- Type: Sedan
- Year: 1983
- Mileage: 77,200
- VIN: WDBAB23A2DB373225
- Color: Gray
- Engine size: Diesel
- Number of cylinders: 4
- Power options: Air Conditioning, Cruise Control, Power Locks, Power Windows
- Fuel: Diesel
- Transmission: Automatic
- Drive type: RWD
- Interior color: Tan
- Options: Cassette Player, Sunroof
- Vehicle Title: Salvage Want to buy? Contact seller!
1983 Mercedes-Benz 200-Series1983 Mercedes-Benz 240D
This car was a barn-find a couple of years ago - it lived in a heated garage in St. Louis, ithout moving, or about 18 years prior to being revived in late 2014. Prior to its time in St. Louis, he car was a Florida car, nd clearly well-taken care of.
I drove this car daily after I bought it in early 2015 - it's a daily-driver quality car, ut cleans up very well. Drives and handles as it should. The engine is in superb shape - fires on the first turn and runs great. Suspension, rakes, ires, nd fuel system are all in perfect shape.
Car is currently insured by Hagerty and titled as an antique in Florida.
The car has a salvage title - it has been damaged in 2 accidents, 0 and 15 years ago, rior to being placed in storage. The car shows no indications that it was ever damaged - no frame damage, o odd body gaps, o handling issues. The repairs were all first-rate, nd nearly impossible to notice.
The car is 33 years old, o does have some known issues:
- Antenna doesn't work - could be the switch, r the antenna itself.
- Vacuum system doesn't hold a vacuum after the car is turned off - slow leak somewhere in the system. ALL of the vacuum accessories (door locks, tc) work great - if the engine is running.
- A/C is original and works great, ut has a slow refrigerant leak - holds a charge of R12 for about 4 weeks. Compressor works great - no noise, o distress. Several hoses and the drier have been replaced but the leak persists. System could be converted to new refrigerant at a local shop. I never did because I wanted to car to be original. Chances are the leak is an o-ring...
- Tint on the windows is probably 30 years old, nd really needs to be removed/replaced
Some surprising things about this 33 year old car:
- Windows all work
- Sunroof works and keeps water out
- NO fluid leaks
- Practically no rust. There's no such thing as a rust free W123, n general...this is as close as you'll find, hough, n a car that's been regularly driven
The car is mostly original, nd in wonderful shape. I can take as many pictures as you'd like to see, f anything you'd like to see on the car. I can also meet locally to have you look over the car and check it out. This car is my baby, nd I hate to part with it. I've had a 30-year love affair with the W123. I hope this car goes to a home that appreciates it as much as I do...
Please message me for more information! Thanks for looking!
About shipping: If you want the car shipped, ou must make all arrangements and pay for the shipping. I will meet the shipper once the car is completely paid for. I will NOT coordinate shipping.
Would prefer to sell this car locally. I can meet in the Tampa Bay area for serious buyers only.