1985 Mercedes-Benz 300D Restored
- Condition: Used
- Make: Mercedes-Benz
- Model: 300-Series
- Type: Sedan
- Trim: 300D Restored
- Year: 1985
- Mileage: 99000
- VIN: WDBAB33C3FA257046
- Color: SMOKE SILVER METALLIC
- Engine size: OM617.952
- Number of cylinders: 5
- Power options: Air Conditioning, Cruise Control, Power Locks, Power Windows
- Fuel: Diesel
- Transmission: Automatic
- Drive type: RWD
- Interior color: PALOMINO
- Drive side: Left-hand drive
- Safety options: Anti-Lock Brakes
- Options: Cassette Player, Sunroof
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1985 Mercedes-Benz 300-Series 300D Restored
A Mercedes Benz 300D Turbo, that gracefully shows her 33 years of patina, is available for sale.Simple lines provide an inconspicuous presence; an elegant car that has been elevated to present day classic.This last edition of the W123 series is adorned in smoke silver exterior and a new palomino interior.
Amenities include: power sunroof, automatic transmission with cruise control, power steering, power windows and locks, and original Becker Gran Prix radio andalloy wheels.
This car,having spent most of its life between Virginia and Florida and more recently in Louisiana has nosignificant rust.It is clear this car was babied and continues to be garage kept, non-smoker owned and floats on the highway while achieving excellent acceleration and fuel mileage.
All maintenance and upgrades have been completed by professional technicians with extensive documentation and receipts.Recent mechanical work includes: new filters, fuel system cleaning, fuel sending unit rebuilt, valve adjustment and valve cover gasket replaced, upgraded ac compressor (Klimakit) with dryer andR-134A refrigerant freshly charged.The interior has been reupholstered, to include new seat cushions, vinyl, sound/ heat insulation and carpet (including hat rack).Custom Coco floor mats included and interior trim is original and in good condition.The window switches and antenna mast have been replaced. The clear coat shines well and it apparently has had a recent re-spray and the tires are nearly new.The only known corrosion on this car was to the passenger firewall as a result of a battery acid leak.The firewall was repaired and a new battery tray installed.
Deficiencies of note: cruise control works most of the time, yet tachometer works intermittently (both issues, very common in this model), standardcosmetic blemishesfrom 33 years of being driven.Needs steering linkage adjusted as well as brakes and shocks replaced.
If you appreciate timeless design and value those things tried and true, then this car might be for you.If you donâ€™t mind working on a car that is easy to wrap your head and hands around, then this car is more than likely for you. If you donâ€™t mind being approached by interesting and intelligent fellow motorists, wanting to share their experiences with these cars and want to understand this model's story, then this is your car.For those that like to tinker, only the smallest details remain to make this care into a car-show candidate.
In my opinion, this model is one of the best cars ever made and surely the origin of the strong Mercedes-Benz reputation.For me, traffic doesnâ€™t seem so bad with thecomforting diesel purr and the friendly hand waves of onlookers.If you guessed that I was intending on keeping this car forever, based on the work having been done, youâ€™d be correct.Regretfully, (or fortunately) a professional opportunity has come my way, forcing me to say.....another time.....another 300D.
- The car is being sold locally, therefore I reserve the privilege of ending the auction early.
- The car is being sold â€œas isâ€ and â€œwhere isâ€ with no written or verbal warranties expressed or implied.I welcome interested parties to inspect this car in person or hire an inspection service.All inspection expenses are to be paid by the potential buyer.
- If you have noeBayfeedback, contact me before bidding.
- Winner, please email me within 24 hours following end of auction.
- Deposit of $1000 to be paid within 48 hours of close of auction. Balance of purchase is to be paid via: cash in person, bank wire transfer or certified funds within 7 days of auction close.Car will not be shipped prior to balance clearing my bank.
- Will only ship within the US and buyer pays for shipping.I willprovide nonfinancial assistance, within reason.
- Please email me for more details or to arrange an inspection, thank you.