1988 Mercedes 560sec
- Condition: Used
- Make: Mercedes-Benz
- Model: 500-Series
- SubModel: 560sec
- Type: Coupe
- Year: 1988
- Mileage: 144,000
- VIN: WDBCA45D9JA374825
- Color: Black
- Engine size: 5.6 ltr
- Number of cylinders: 8
- Power options: Cruise Control, Power Locks, Power Windows, Power Seats
- Fuel: Gasoline
- Transmission: Automatic
- Drive type: RWD
- Interior color: Black
- Drive side: Left-hand drive
- Safety options: Driver Airbag, Passenger Airbag
- Options: CD Player, Leather Seats, Sunroof
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1988 Mercedes-Benz 500-Series
This 1988 Mercedes-Benz 560SEC is finished in black over black and powered by a 5.6L V8 paired with a 4-speed automatic transmission. I purchased the car roughly two years ago in Memphis and have added a little over 500 miles while restoring it to the best of my ability. It took quite some time but I was finally able to source a set of AMG Monoblock wheels in Orlando and had them powder coated. They are absolutely flawless. The tires have less than 200 miles on them.
I wanted to maintain as much of the original paint as possible and I had the lower body moldings and bumpers painted to match. Aftermarket European style front marker lamps and tail lamps have been fitted and the factory lenses are included in the sale. Keep in mind this is 30 year old factory paint so there are a few blemishes and scratches that should come out when professionally wet sanded.
I ordered an H&R lowering kit but before installing I wanted to see what the stance would be if I shortened the factory front springs which is how the car currently sits in the pictures. I really like this look so I didnâ€™t install the kit. HOWEVER the H&R kit does come with the sale.
The black interior features heated seats that have beenrecovered with MB-Tex upholstery along with the rear deck. The headliner has been recovered with OEM material and Auto Tops and Interiors in Raleigh went the extra mile to remove the sunroof so that it could be recovered as well. It looks as though it just left the factory.
Below are the items repaired/replaced and I can provide all receipts and invoices.
The following work has been completed:
- Â· All new filters, belts, hoses, fuel injectors, spark plugs, and plug wires have been installed.
- Â· New exhaust with the elimination of the resonators to save weight
- Â· New shift linkage
- Â· New hood pad
- Â· Four new Bilstein shocks
- Â· Two new rear springs (yes I ordered these before I ordered the lowering kit for some reason)
- Â· New rear accumulator cells
- Â· New brake calipers, rotors and pads
- Â· New genuine Mercedes transmission pan that can be seen in pic (original pan had slight leak)
- Â· New transmission dipstick
- Â· Refinished all woodwork which is now flawless with no cracks or blemishes
- Â· Replaced all fuses
Feel free to ask any questions that come to mind.
Thanks and happy bidding