1994 Mercedes SL500 r129
Price: - Item location: Chapel Hill, North Carolina, United States
- Make: Mercedes-Benz
- Model: SL-Class
- Type: Convertible
- Year: 1994
- Mileage: 129,300
- VIN: WDBFA67E9RF088230
- Color: Green
- Engine size: V8, 300HP
- Number of cylinders: 8
- Power options: Heated Seats, Anti Skid Control, Air Conditioning, Cruise Control, Power Locks, Power Windows, Power Seats
- Fuel: Gasoline
- Transmission: Automatic
- Drive type: RWD
- Interior color: Tan
- Drive side: Left-hand drive
- Safety options: Anti-Lock Brakes, Driver Airbag, Passenger Airbag
- Options: Audio - USB, Ext Input, CD Player, Convertible, Leather Seats
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1994 Mercedes-Benz SL-ClassFor sale is my personal SL500 I purchased about 10 years ago. I have put extensive work into this car and it runs like a top. This car has been garaged and/or covered since I owned it, and I never drove it in the rain or snow. It's not perfect (mostly cosmetically interior), but everything left to do, if you choose to, is the smaller stuff or normal maintenance.The Good/Great:* Just passed NC inspection. The shop was fawning all over this car, they couldn't believe how great the condition is.* Engine Harness and Throttle Actuator - Recently replaced. These are really expensive, and if you're looking at R129 SLs these must be replaced! ($$)* Just had all of the soft top hydraulic cylinders (12 total!) rebuilt and changed the system oil. This is a huge job and if not done or not done right oil will spray/leak all over your interior ($$).* Just replaced both distributor caps and rotors ($$).* Newer Paint - Had a bunch or dings and chips so I had it resprayed. No rust that I know of, and none repaired since I've owned it. Also added a newer style grill and headlight surrounds. Removed the crappy, problematic headlight wipers to clean it up the front end.* Soft top replaced about four years ago.* Hard top headliner just replaced* Just replaced the soft top cover panel, it's brand new.* Brakes - Rear pads and rotors just replaced. Fronts doe about 15K ago.* Oil - Just changed using Mobil 1. That's what I've always used, and change the oil every 5K or 9 months whichever came first.* Trans seals and service just done.* Replaced column combination and cruise control switches* Battery is only a few years old* New car cover - never used!* New floor mats, and also winter hard mats.* Hard top stand* Upgraded Kenwood high output stereo with CD, Disk changer, USB port, and external input. All four speakers are Infinity!* THE MERCEDES STAR GUIDE DVD!!! This has everything you need to know about this car. It is the guide, period!Other notables:
* Seats are original and starting to show their age. Could use a refurbish or replacement.* Interior locking system isn't connected. Again, never felt the need for it, so didn't reconnect it.* Center arm rest doesn't extend, but the part for it are included if you choose to fix it.* No infrared key. I have two old school keys that I use, again because it just wasn't that important to me to get the replacement. System works because the lights flash when you use the key in the lock.* SRS light on dash isn't working, never has since I've owned it, and I don't know why.
This car has been taken care of. Other than just doing regular maintenance and maybe fixing some of the things I noted, this car is just good to go, as far as I know. It really kicks butt and if I used it more I would keep it, but it just sits too much at this point and needs a new home. I've described the car and provided what I know, however the car sells as-is without warranty, so ask questions or stop by to see it. I can also send videos of the car starting/driving and top actuating up and down.
Nonrefundable deposit of $500 at auction end via wire, cashiers check, cash or PayPal.
On May-17-18 at 09:22:04 PDT, seller added the following information:Added:* Includes the hard top stand* Includes lots of misc parts* Includes winter floor matts (if you should choose to drive in the rain/snow)