1985 Mercedes-Benz SL-Class 500sl European Roadster Convertible
- Condition: Used
- Make: Mercedes-Benz
- Model: SL-Class
- SubModel: SL500
- Type: Roadster Convertible
- Trim: 500SL European Roadster
- Year: 1985
- Mileage: 63,300
- VIN: 00000000000000000
- Color: Silver
- Engine size: 303.5 cubic inches
- Number of cylinders: 8
- Power options: Air Conditioning, Cruise Control, Power Windows
- Fuel: Gasoline
- Transmission: Automatic
- Drive type: Automatic Transmission
- Interior color: Black
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1985 Mercedes-Benz SL-Class 500SL European Roadster
NO RESERVE AUCTION
1985 Mercedes-Benz SL500 Convertible (European)3.8L V8 rear wheel drive roadster
This is a very special/rareEuropean Model R107. It was originally purchased in 1986 (Original Receipt) in Nevada. My Aunt & Uncle from Reno, Nevada were the second owners, purchasing the vehicle in 1990 (Receipt) where it remained until 2003 when I took ownership.It has never seen Illinois rain/snow/ice or salt (always garage kept).
Engine runs good and strong & transmissionshifts properly
Main Key, Secondary Key & Flat Key
Very Nice Convertible Top
Working factory AM/FM/Cassette
Factory AC (but needs to be recharged)
KinderSeat with Seatbelts
The headlights, brake lights, tail lights, turn signals and hazard controls work like they're supposed to.
The following are very hard to come by when purchasing this year Mercedes:
- original keys (Main, Secondary, and Flat)
- original receipt of purchase by original owner in 1986 and second owner in 1990
- original owners manuals ( Both English and German Manuals)
- packet of maintenance/service records dating back to 1986
- original tool kit that came with the vehicle
- original Mercedes-Benz road atlas
- original Mercedes-Benz jack and reflector kit
Mileage records dated 02/01/2002 were 61,988. When I brought the car back to Illinois in 2003, the Illinois DMV could not run a European VIN. Therefore, the first Title received stated "broken odometerâ€.I had to have the Police Dept verify my VIN and Odometer reading of (63,677) whereas the DMV reissued me the Title. The AutoCheck report indicates broken odometer, which is incorrect. I have never had any issues with the odometer.Current Mileage is 69,304.
General Terms: NOTICE TO BIDDERS: This vehicle is also for sale locally. I reserve the right to end this auction early if sold prior to auction ending.
Buyer is responsible for shipping.Willing to coordinate if buyer has arranged and paid for shipping.
Any additional questions, please feel free to contact me. I can also email you a short video of the vehicle running, per your request. This Mercedes is being sold "as is" with NO RESERVE.
Cash in person, certified funds.