mercedes 300d w123
Price: US $2,000.00 Item location: Warren, New Jersey, United States
- Condition: Used
- Make: Mercedes-Benz
- Model: 300-Series
- Type: Sedan
- Trim: 4 Door
- Year: 1984
- Mileage: 246,000
- VIN: WDBAB33A8EA112159
- Color: Gold
- Engine size: Turbo Diesel
- Number of cylinders: 5
- Power options: Power Windows
- Fuel: Diesel
- Transmission: Automatic
- Drive type: RWD
- Interior color: Brown
- Options: Cassette Player, Sunroof
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1984 Mercedes-Benz 300-Series 4 DoorSince 1985, I am only the second owner of this beautiful, reliable Mercedes Classic which I've cared for since 2008. (not sure why carfax lists 3 owners as previous owner had original sale in his name!)
This vehicle is as low-maintenance as they come. Routine oil, trans, coolant, brake fluid maintenance and tires. No expense beyond $300 apart from new tires and belt replacement. Driven long distances without any worry as it has never left me or my family stranded along the roadside anywhere, anytime. Also does nearly 25mpg in HWY/CTY mixed driving.
- Reliable, Driven every week including winters
- Vacuum for heat/cold air vents work fine (but A/C does not work, though center vents engage perfectly which is rare for this model/age).
- No smoke on acceleration/deceleration - after engine fully warmed.
- Strong engine. Cruise at 80-85mph easy and with no issues overheating. Coolant system is fine and has never overheated in under my care. Coolant flushed every 2-3 yrs.
- Seats/Interior in really good shape, no tears
- Rust on driver's side floor panel, rear left passenger . This has been the same and not deteriorated for over 8yrs.- Since reaching 245k mi last summer, the odometer has been stopping movement which after some resets starts up again for trip count and overall mileage.
- Car possibly needs new glow plugs as needs block heater plugged under 45F
- Becker original radio works, but needs motor for power antenna (or pull antenna up/down manually)- Door locks need repair but work manually.
Selling to just make room in my home as I have 5 cars. This takes up valuable garage space in winters and driveway w/car cover during warmer months. Time for me to pass on this classic to a new owner to carry on diligent maintenance which is mostly the act of driving constantly over the year to keep everything in good order. This is a great car for a young driver due to cost, low maintenance and robustness/safety of car construction.
Local sale preferred - buyer responsible for shipping/pick up.
This car is also offered for sale in my local area, so I reserve right to pull sale on this site at anytime.