1977 W116 Mercedes-Benz 280SE
Price: US $2,495.00 Item location: Las Cruces, New Mexico, United States
- Make: Mercedes-Benz
- Model: S-Class
- Type: Sedan
- Year: 1977
- Mileage: 999,999
- VIN: 11602412079329
- Color: Ivory
- Engine size: 2.8L
- Number of cylinders: 6
- Power options: Air Conditioning, Cruise Control, Power Locks, Power Windows, Power Seats
- Fuel: Gasoline
- Transmission: Automatic
- Drive type: RWD
- Interior color: Tobacco
- Drive side: Left-hand drive
- Options: CD Player
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1977 Mercedes-Benz S-Class1977 W116 Mercedes-Benz 280SE. Unknown mileage. This has always been a Southwestern US car since birth and has virtually no rust on it. Has the typical parking lot dings and some small depressions on the roof where the previous owner installed a luggage rack. Upholstery and carpeting in very good condition and headliner looks like new. Clear title. I used this car as a daily driver for the past 7 1/2 years.
Here is a list of all of the work I've done on the old girl since I've had it (over $8,000). I put all of this work into it because I wanted a daily driver and planned to keep it. Since I've owned the car, I've put over 53,000 miles on it. Mileage was unknown when I bought it as the odometer was not functioning.
- Fuel distributor rebuilt,
- Starter motor replaced,
- Speedometer repaired and calibrated,
- Climate control system repaired and rebuilt,
- Brakes replaced (rotors, calipers, pads, hoses),
- Front end rebuilt (control arms and all bushings, track rod and ends, ball joints, steering damper and steering u-joint),
- Rear torsion bar connecting rods replaced,
- Front and rear alignment (comes with original alignment specifications that I bought),
- Left front wheel bearings and seals replaced,
- Water pump replaced, radiator re-cored,
- Auxiliarywater pump replaced,
- Air conditioner compressor, high-pressure hose, expansion valve replaced,
- Idler pulley replaced,
- Alternator belt tensioner replaced,
- All electricals work (except cruise control),
- Turn signal stalk replaced,
- Various sundry switches, lights, fuses, connectors replaced,
- Fuel pump, accumulator and filter replaced,
- Fuel tank sending unit refurbished,
- Radiator hoses replaced,
- Front driver and passenger window motors and regulators replaced,
- Left-side driver and passenger door stops replaced,
- Transmission replaced with used one,
- Rear transmission mount replaced,
- Driver seat springs and supports replaced/rebuilt,
- Vacuum lock system repaired (has a slow leak but system functions),
- Left-rear half-shaft replaced,
- Reupholstered drivers left hand seat side (has a 1" seam separation and I have the upholstery material which I'll provide),
- Several plastic cabin trim pieces replaced,
- Used console wood trim installed,
- Front driver/passenger door rubber weatherstrip replaced,
- Trunk weatherstrip replaced,
- Rear tail light lens weatherstripping repaired,
- Oil and filter just changed,
- One year old battery and window washer bottle replaced,
- Two year old tires and have decent tread on them,
- Original paint shines almost like new when you wash and wax it,
- Passenger side-view mirror installed,
- After market Alpine CDE-103BT mp3/CD/radio stereo system with four speakers installed.
- Dash cracked but serviceable,
- Kick-down on transmission not working but can downshift using gear stick,
- Front drive shaft flex-disk broke and bent front yoke, damaged parking brake cables and broke plastic gear shift mount (can be repaired, parts available on eBay),
- Minor parking lot dings,
- Has a stone chip in front windshield,
- Windshield gasket not leaking but cracked and needs replacing,
- Has hole (covered with MB badge) on trunk lid from antenna mount,
- Has hole behind rear license plate from antenna mount.
While driving home from work, the front flex-disk broke and when that happened, the driveshaft bent the transmission yoke, damaged the parking brake cables and broke the plastic mount which holds the shifter to the frame. These parts can be had on eBay and they are not that expensive. I can provide listings if you need.
A repair shop said that the car can be fixed and provided me an estimate of around $1,500 to get it back on the road. I can help you locate the parts on eBay and I suspect that the cost to repair will be somewhat less because they provided the price of new parts in the estimate. Engine starts right up and runs fine after the flex-disk broke. The car was a pleasure to drive, is comfortable and easy to operate. Not super fast but will cruise all day at 80 MPH. Very solidly built car. I want to pass it along to a new owner as I bought a new car and was commanded to this one.
The car is currently parked on the back lot of the repair shop. You will have to provide all of the arrangements to pick up and ship this car but I will be available to help in any way I can. I can provide additional pictures if you desire.
Here is a listing of some of the companies offering automobile transport services or if you have a preferred shipper you can use them of course. Just do a Google search to access their website and ask for a quote to ship the car from Zip Code 88005.
Title transfer takes up to 10 business days. The vehicle must be paid for in full prior totransferringthetitle. Title will be mailed immediately after full payment has been received.