Car is considered on the high side of a daily driver. dependable needs nothing
- Condition: Used
- Make: Mercedes-Benz
- Model: SL-Class
- Year: 1966
- VIN: 11304212018496
- Engine size: 2.3l mechanical fuel injected
- Number of cylinders: 6
- Transmission: Automatic
- Drive type: RWD
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1966 Mercedes-Benz SL-Class
1966 230sl Mercedes Benz European model
Total Mileage unknown because speedo was broken when purchased (since fixed by Palo Alto Speedometer). Engine has 65,962 miles since complete rebuild.
Car has received major panel repair and replacement over the 15 years including front nose, eadlight buckets, oth inner and outer front bumper mount panels, loor pans, nner and outer rear wheel wells, ull rear quarters, nd floor trunk.
Other features include:
- mechanical points replaced with electronic breaker
- stainless steel exhaust and muffler
- Nardi wooden steering wheel (original wheel comes with car)
- new soft top and seals
- original Becker Radio
- 15 spoke Mercedes alloy wheels
- Cold start valve switched to manual operation resulting in easy starts in all conditions
- paint is new but only fair quality
- car comes with Mercedes shop manual, arts manual, utomatic transmission parts manual, wners Manual, nd a Haynes repairmanual
Recent work in last 5,000 miles :
- new rear bumpers and re-chrommed front bumpers
- new front wheel bearings
- new power steering pump
- new water pump,
- new master brake cylinder
My wife and I are now fully retired and are selling our two everyday drivers to buy a SUV for travelling with our dogs. I've driven this car for 15 years and it remains a strong daily driver due to the high level ofattention to maintenance.
Car is being listed with a low starting bid and No Reserve.