1983 Mercedes-Benz 380 SL Convertible Roadster
Price: US $18,000.00 Item location: San Rafael, California, United States
- Make: Mercedes-Benz
- Model: 300-Series
- Type: Convertible
- Trim: 380 SL
- Year: 1983
- Mileage: 125,800
- VIN: WDBBA45A5DB027489
- Color: Teal
- Engine size: 3.8L V8 M116
- Number of cylinders: 8
- Power options: Air Conditioning, Cruise Control, Power Locks, Power Windows
- Fuel: Gasoline
- Transmission: Automatic
- Drive type: RWD
- Interior color: Tan
- Drive side: Left-hand drive
- Options: Cassette Player, Convertible, Leather Seats
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1983 Mercedes-Benz 300-Series 380 SLYou're bidding on a truly stunning specimen of a 1983 Mercedes-Benz 380 SL, in original factory Teal green with original factory "CrÃ¨me" leather interior, "CrÃ¨me" pin-striping, and "Palomino" canvas soft top.
The Mercedes-Benz 380 SL harbors asmooth yet powerful V-8 engine paired with a 4-speed automatic transmission providing a remarkably gentle gliding ride - and plenty of passing power at theready when you want it.
These late-century "new classics" are rapidly appreciating in value!GQ recently called it "The ideal vintage car." US News ranks it #7 in their latest "11 Cars that are Increasing in Value Right Now"report.
This particular 380 SL was recently chosenby the director for use in the Paramount Pictures feature motion picture "Transformers: Bumblebee!!!"
This example is fully loaded with power windows, power passenger mirror, chrome finished wheels, and the highly desirable factory-optional fold-down back seat. It also features an upgraded Sony AM / FM cassette player and is pre-wired for a trunk-mounted CD Changer. Last but not least, this prized find has managed to retain its original, highly sought after, period-correct blue and gold California license plates.
Note: The detachable hard top is not shown in the photos above, but rest assured, the original factory hard top is also included in the sale (along with a brand new rolling storage stand and fitted cover), and is still in outstanding, immaculate condition, having only rarely been used!
Learn all about the luxurious work-of-art-on-wheels that is the 1983 Mercedes-Benz 380 SL below...
But first, here's an itemized list of everything we did since April, 2017:
- Major Tune-Up and Timing Adjustment- Re-Set Mixture
- Brand New AC Compressor (OES)
- Brand New AC Belts Set (OES)
- Brand New Throttle Housing Assembly (OEM)
- Brand New Throttle Shaft Bearings & Spacer (OEM)
- Brand New Shift Lever Bushings (OEM
- Brand New Air Duct Housing (OEM)
- Brand New Throttle Body Bushings (OES)
- Brand New Spark Plugs (OWS)
- Brand New Ignition Wires & Ignition Coil (OES)
- Brand New Left Rear Sway Bar Link (OES)
- Brand New Left Rear Caliper Spring (OES)
- Brand New Odometer Gear Set (OEM)
- Brand New Rear Convertible Top Seal
- Brand New Hood Insulation Pad (OES) w/ Super Trim Adhesive
- Brand New Hood Insulation Seal (OES) w/ Super Trim Adhesive
- Fuel System Cleaned
- AC Coolant Evacuated & Re-Charged
- Refurbished Coolant System
- Repaired Drivers Side Dash Vent Hose
- Repaired / Eliminated Loose Washer Rattle
- Hard Top Cap Repair
- Custom Rear Seat Mount Refurbished with Industrial Strength Velcro
- Brand New "Palomino" Canvas Soft Top (OEM)
- Brand New Complete Set of CrÃ¨me Floor Mats (front & rear) (OEM)
- Brand New (Period-Correct) Mercedes-Benz Emblem Hood Badge (OEM)
- Brand New Driver & Passenger Side "Burlwood" Cupholders Set (OEM)
- Brand New Custom-Fitted Indoor / Outdoor Car Cover
- Brand New Hard Top Rolling Storage Stand Car w/ Fitted Cover
- Brand New Custom-Fitted ProClip USA Phone / GPS / Device Mount
- Brand New Cigarette Lighter to Dual USB Charging Port (Aftermarket)
- Beige Plastic Cup-Holder / Change Holder / Accessory Console (Aftermarket)
- Brand New Black Powder-Coated Stainless Steel Slim Profile License Plate Frames (Aftermarket)
This dream car is ready to drive off into the sunset! You're not likely to find a better example in as good condition at this price anywhere else!
Finally, here's everything you ever wanted to know about the 1983 Mercedes-Benz 380 SL:
Years of Manufacture: 1980 - 1985
Number Built: 53,200
Date of Introduction: February, 1980
Chassis/Body: Unit frame and body
Total Length: 172.5"
Total Width: 70.5"
Height at Curb Weight: 51.2"
Front Track: 57.2"
Rear Track: 56.7"
Roadster: 3395 lbs
Fuel Tank: 90 liters
Turning Radius: 35 ft
Transmission (Automatic, 4 Speed):
Rear Axle Ratio: 3.27:1
0-60 m/h: 9.8 seconds (approx)
Maximum Speed: 127 mph
Engine 8 Cylinder M 116:
Capacity: 3818cc 233ci
Type: Conventional, watercooled four stroke, reciprocating piston type with 8 cylinders in Vee configuration
Configuration: Front mounted, longitudinal, inline
Head: Pushrod and rocker actuated ohv, overhead camshaft
Fuel System: Bosch mechanical with air-flow sensor
Bore and Stroke: 92mm x 71.8mm (3.62 x 2.83 inch)
Power: 218 hp (DIN) @ 5500rpm
Torque: 31 mkg @ 4000rpm (224.3 ft/lb)
Compression Ratio: 9.0:1
Ignition and Electrical:
Coil and alternator
Independent front and rear, double wishbones, diagnol-pivot swing axle
Recirculating ball, servo assisted, ratio: 15.9:1 (3.0 turns)
Front: Vented Disc, 278mm (10.9 inch)
Rear: Solid Disc, 279mm (11.0 inch)
14" Alloy (Chrome Finish)
Registration is current and paid through September, 2018. All reasonable cash offers are happily considered. Buyer is fully responsible for vehicle registration fees, tax, and insurance in accordance with their local, state, and federal laws.
Offered for sale only. No trades. All sales are final. Sold "as is." No warranty or guarantee of any kind is offered or implied. Serious bidders only, please. Test drives will only be facilitated with proof of available funds, valid drivers license, and proof of insurance.