1969 Mercedes 250 w114 RARE GAS 4spd, a true timecapsule 1 owner!
- Condition: Used
- Make: Mercedes-Benz
- Model: 200-Series
- SubModel: w114
- Type: Sedan
- Year: 1969
- Mileage: 13,218
- VIN: 11401010032935
- Color: Mercedes Dark Red
- Engine size: 2.5L
- Number of cylinders: 6
- Fuel: Gasoline
- Transmission: Manual
- Drive type: RWD
- Interior color: Cognac
- Drive side: Left-hand drive
- Options: Cassette Player
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1969 Mercedes-Benz 200-Series
1969 Mercedes-Benz 250 4spd ModelW114
"Dark Red" Mercedes factory paint, with beautiful stock cognac MB-Tex interior - Rare Gas 4 spd on the floor straight six engine 2.5L
**PLEASE NOTE** THE $12,500 BUY NOW PRICE INCLUDES FREE SHIPPING ANYWHERE IN THE LOWER 48 STATES
This is a 4 speed on the floor. 6 cylinders.One owner, always garaged, zero Rust
Original 1969 Pink slip in hand, extremely documented miles & maintenance
Original paint, interior, Euro bumpers, manual sunroof, hand crank windows
Only shipped to the United States from '69 to â€™73. A true time capsule car
The car spent 48 years in Sonoma County, California under the same owner, only being California blue plated once. The car was driven by Mr. Heinz until his passing in 2010 and only driven sparingly for the following 7 years.
**The mileage is very detailed and documented at 113,000 miles. Mr. Heinz did a great job documenting everything as well as keeping receipts. So unlike many early Mercedes, the mileage is known and exact!
- A prime example of a un-altered, un-molested, and rust-free Mercedes original
- Everything still holds a great shine, many layers of paint left on this vehicle
- Original Mercedes 'Dark Red' paint with matching vintage hubcaps
- Highly sought after and visually appealing European Bumpers â€” personally one of my favorite styles
- Hand-pull sunroof works perfect w/ stock sunroof wind deflector
- All the window rubber is in amazing crack free shape
- There is small dime size ding on the inside of the hood, nothing that breaks the paint.
- The rubber on the back right corner could be replaced as its missing a small piece.
- The trunk chrome as two small dings, fairly common and can easily be popped out
- The car undercarriage is unbelievably clean and rust free
- You'll notice the door guards on the driver and passenger side door, those were put on to prevent dings while parking his garage.
- The sides of this car are free from any dings or dents. it
The interior is as clean as I've ever seen a car of this age look.
- Odor free, very clean, and pristine.
- The MB-Tex upholstery in outstanding condition. There are two mild discoloration spots from the back seat belts, but nothing that wouldn't come out with a stiff brush scrub.
- Fully functioning tape deck stereo puts out a crisp clear sound and gets numerous stations
- The headliner is in great shape,tight even in the back and around the sunroof
- No power windows â€” skipping any power window headaches â€” give it classic function and form, same with the sunroof. No fuss messing with any broken electronics
- Window knobs haven't been used that much in the last 7 years, they could use a good silicone lube spray to move with ease
- 4 spd on the floor is in great shape
- The dash is completely free of any cracks
- All interior lights work as do cluster dash lights, nice and bright.
The car comes with vintage matching floor mats as well as spare tire coverâ€” both in very good condition.
The car runs and drives.The handling is tight, the transmission shifts smoothly and the brakes stop on a dime. Runs free from any noises or squeaks. This is a very zippy car ... FAST.
With any old car, up-keep is needed and there will always be something to keep up on. For me, thatâ€™s half the fun.
Over $1,500 in repairs in the last 6 months were well worth it! I've made several mechanic improvements to bring the car back up to speed.
The fuel lines have been replaced, the fuel tank has been cleaned out, both Zenith carbs have been completely overhauled, timed and cleaned as well. Additional improvements include:
- New radiator
- Fresh oil change
- New Battery
- New clutch master cylinder hydraulic line.
- New clutch pedal
- All weather Michelin defenders all the way around
With proper care, this car is only going to appreciate in value. I would be keeping it, but just don't have the garage space. It deserves a climate controlled garage. Iâ€™m hoping to find a new home that suits this car. I've been told by my master Mercedes Mechanic that this car could easily be a Concourse 1 vehicle with a minor investment.Please feel free to contact me with any questions! Pre-Purchase inspections welcome and encouraged! The reserve is VERY close to the buy now price. Please DO NOT WAIT FOR THE LAST HOUR FOR QUESTIONS! I may not be able to get to them.
Ican help arrange shipment to anywhere in the world and or send more photos or videos of the car in action.
Thanks for looking and happy bidding!
Note: All bids are final, the buyer is responsible for fulfilling his or her bid. All deposits are non-refundable and full payment is required before the release of the car.