1982 W123 Mercedes 300CD Turbo Diesel
- Make: Mercedes-Benz
- Model: 300-Series
- SubModel: 300CD
- Type: Coupe
- Trim: Silver
- Year: 1982
- Mileage: 185,000
- VIN: WDBAB53A9CB001140
- Color: Gray
- Engine size: Diesel
- Number of cylinders: 5
- Power options: Power Windows
- Fuel: Diesel
- Transmission: Automatic
- Drive type: RWD
- Interior color: Blue
- Drive side: Left-hand drive
- Options: CD Player
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1982 Mercedes-Benz 300-Series Silver
Mercedes 300CD in great mechanical shape. This car has stayed inmy family since it was purchased in Germany in 1982, and has always had regular use, oil changes, and maintenance.It's been owned by 3generations of engineers (including me), so you know we haven't abusedthis car.
Some clarifications on the vehicleare describedbelow:
1. Some sun spotting on top of the roof. Some of the areas have been repainted to eliminate them. It wouldn't take much to get these repainted and get the thing looking pristine. As it stands, it looks pretty great still (see pics)
2. The dashboard does have the usual heat cracks that are common on these.
3. The odometer stopped tracking miles a couple years ago. It's at about 173k, but it likely has closer to ~180k to 185k miles. This would just take some slight odometer gear replacement that I just haven't had time to get to.
4. I put in a brand new Klima Design Works (http://www.klimakit.com/) compressor, parallel flow condenser, and new hoses. I spend over a grand installing this kit and is a definite upgrade from the original faulty A/Cs that were in these cars. It also uses R134 refrigerant (upgraded compressor means it runs cold with R134 still). It is having an issue with the blower motor and, meaning the A/C and heat isn'tblowing right now. An OEM blower motor (shown in the picture of the trunk) will be included with the sale and should fix this. Again, just haven't had the time to get it fixed.
5. The right rear window regulator is possibly cracked and needs to be replaced. An OEM rear rightwindow regulator in great shape is included in the sale of this vehicle.Another thing I haven't had time to install asof late.
6. The transmission works great.
7. The brake master cylinder has been replaced (OEM parts) recently and it working great.
8. The alternator has recently been replaced.
9. There are some issues with the hood latch--should be an easy mechanical fix.
10. The trunk has been resealed with new liner.
11. The only rust I've found on this car is shown on one of the pictures (small spot near left rear well that can easily be buffed out and repainted). Much of it's life this car was garaged, with exception to the last few years where I no longer had a garage.
12. I did get in one accident where I hit a car above the bumper line on a short merge (I was going maybe 10 mph at most). The hood has been replaced and the damage has been repaired. No structural damage whatsoever and it's been smooth sailing for 5 years since the repairs. Theydid a greatjob.
This is a great car, and has many many many more miles ahead of it. It has served me well and am sad to see it well. It does have some normal wear and tear, but is in overall great shape for it's age, and wouldn't take too much work to bring it to mint condition--I just simply don't have the time or space right now to do this. I have always gone to reputable European mechanics and opted for OEM in any case I could.
If you'd like to see the car, please send me a message and we can potentially arrange something on a weekend or outside of working hours.