1980 Mercedes 450SL
- Condition: Used
- Make: Mercedes-Benz
- Model: 400-Series
- Type: Convertible
- Trim: 2 Door Convertible
- Year: 1980
- Mileage: 91,343
- Color: Brown
- Engine size: 4.5 Litre
- Number of cylinders: 8
- Fuel: Gasoline
- Transmission: Automatic
- Drive type: RWD
- Interior color: Tan
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1980 Mercedes-Benz 400-SeriesTHIS IS BEING OFFERED WITH NO RESERVE!!!!!!!!!This car has spent its entire life in Florida with one family and overall is in really nice condition with just the typical/nominal wear you might expect with a car its age.It is a great color and with a top that is in very good condition and a newly hand-painted painted pinstripe to match...it really is a very sharp looking car.While there aresome minor imperfections in the finish from wearing of clear coat from a prior repaint (on/near truck lid - see pictures)it is overall a very solid rust-free/dent freecar which runs strong. You will see in the pictures that the interior is ingood condition with only the normal wear you mightexpect to see, ut no damage/rips/tears (one tiny hole in back of drivers headrest). While I am offering this at NO RESERVE with a very low starting bid, am confident that bidderswill see the value in this rapidly appreciating collectable. You will see a picture of the current "Hagerty Price Guide" in which it lists this as one of the Top 5 "Notable Gains"...having gone up in value 66% in just the prior 4 months! A great looking and great driving car that you can drive daily...and which is alsorapidly appreciating.The Mercedes 450SL was built between 1973 and 1980. As the final year of production, ery few were brought to the US. Collectors view the 1980 as the most desirable version. Due to its limited production and end of model status, ar guides refelct a 30-35% difference in value between the 1980 version and earlier model years. The 4.5 liter engine gave the car outstanding performance for its time, ith a 135mph top speed. TERMS OF SALE:
1. Per the eBay User Agreement, y placing a bid you are entering into alegallybinding contract are committed to purchase the vehicle described. The details of thiscommitmentare further outlined in the eBay User Agreement.
2. Vehicle may be sold prior to the end of the auction.The owner reserves the right to end the auction early at their sole discretion and shall not be held liable for any such action.3. The winning bidder is required make a $500 non-refundable paymentwithin 24 hours after the close of the auction to finalize details of the sale. Acceptable payment types for deposit are: paypal, ire transfer, ank check or Postal Money order.
4. Vehicle is sold "As is Where is"
5. While I am happy to assist with shipping (if needed) it is theresponsibilityof the buyer to make arrangements to pick up the vehicle or make appropriate transportation/shipping arrangements.
6.Full payment must be made by noonEST on Monday July 13.Acceptable payment types for deposit are: paypal, ire transfer, ank check or Postal Money order.
7. Please be aware that all pre-owned vehicles regardless of age, ileage or manufacture are subject to cosmetic wear and mechanical failure. The seller encourages bidder to have a personal inspection completed prior to delivery to help ensure satisfaction. Third party inspections are to take place prior to the vehicles shipment. Seller assumes noresponsibilityfor delays or damageincurredonce the vehicle is in shipper's custody.
8. Final winning bid does not include: inspection, hipping, ax, itle or registration fees. It is the buyersresponsibilityto cover any and all such fees.
Note: Hardtop is included in sale and is shown in pictures but there is a fair amount of the clear coat that is peeling and there is rustvisible on theunderside of it when it is off the car. It works and looks OK but is in worse condition than the car itself.