1985 Mercedes 300D Turbo Diesel - new paint
- Condition: Used
- Make: Mercedes-Benz
- Model: 300-Series
- Type: Sedan
- Trim: Tubo Diesel
- Year: 1985
- Mileage: 142,137
- VIN: wdbab33cxfa264687
- Color: Burgundy
- Engine size: 3.0-liter diesel
- Number of cylinders: 5
- Power options: Cruise Control, Power Locks, Power Windows
- Fuel: Diesel
- Transmission: Automatic
- Drive type: RWD
- Interior color: Tan
- Options: Cassette Player, Sunroof
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1985 Mercedes-Benz 300-Series Tubo Diesel
This is a beautiful example of the Mercedes 300D. Rust-free, second owner, California car with a clean title. This car was professionally converted her to run on veggie oil (SVO/WVO). You can run on full veggie oil, diesel or any combination of the two. We’ve been getting 30+ MPG.
Bought from the original owner, who had it garaged for years. Still has the original manuals and services records. We will include digital copies of major service done since we’ve owned her. The car also includes an original tool kit and first aid kit.
We were in the process of a full showroom quality restoration. But now we need to put the project aside and focus on our business. Along with having limited time, we needed to buy an SUV for our business and don’t really have the room to park the Mercedes in our driveway.
We’re looking for someone who appreciates the beauty, reliability and excellent engineering of the Mercedes 300D to enjoy this vehicle as is or take the project to completion. If you're a fan of these cars, you already know as diesels they'll easily run strong for 300,000+ miles. Due to strength of build and engine these have been termed as "forever cars." We sure treated her like one and she has a lot more to give.
Here’s what we’ve done so far:
1. As we said above, the vehicle was professionally converted to run on veggie oil. You can run on diesel, bio diesel or any combination of fuels.
2. New paint. This was a $6,500 job. The car was stripped down to metal, re-primed and painted the original factory color. We can provide photos of the process.
3. New front end. All suspension and steering components have been replaced to factory specs.
4. New power steering motor. This is a hard component to find and it took us months to track one down.
5. New radiator. We used the factory spec component and not one of the cheaper substitutes.
6. New oil cooler and lines. If you decide to buy any other Mercedes 300D, make sure this has been done. This is an important system that needs to be kept in top shape.
7. Rebuilt transmission. Shifts smooth and is leak-free.
8. New engine mounts.
9. New sunroof motor.
10. New antenna motor, mount and seal.
11. New brake hoses (system flushed and cleaned). Pads recently replaced.
12. New valve cover gaskets.
13. New injector return hoses.
14. New power window switches and motors.
15. New windshield.
16. Replaced center console wood trim.
17. Door and window vacuum lines.
Here’s what needs to be done:
1. Air conditioning. If you’ve looked around, you know this is a common issue for the 300D. We have an estimate of $1,800 to fix the AC. We can recommend a mechanic.
2. Interior refresh. It looks good and it totally fine for a daily driver. But if you’re on the quest for a full restoration, you’ll probably want to replace a few pieces. We’ve bought some of the interior components you’ll need and will include with the sale.
Don't hesitate to contact us with any questions.