1976 Mercedes Benz 280 Sedan - California car!
Price: US $7,200.00 Item location: Galena, Ohio, United States
- Make: Mercedes-Benz
- Model: 200-Series
- Type: Sedan
- Trim: 4 door sedan
- Year: 1976
- Mileage: 129,600
- Color: Gray metalic
- Engine size: 2.8 L 6 cyl gas
- Number of cylinders: 6
- Power options: Air Conditioning, Cruise Control, Power Locks, Power Windows
- Fuel: Gasoline
- Transmission: Automatic
- Drive type: RWD
- Interior color: Black interior/Gray Carpet
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1976 Mercedes-Benz 200-Series1976 Mercedes Benz 280 129K original miles, California car, no structural rust!
Extremely solid dependable daily driver car. The last year for this classic body style. This one’s worth a complete restoration!
This car is all original with decent newer paint job. Brand new brake pads on all four wheels with a complete brake fluid flush/replacementBrand new German 100% nylon carpetFresh oil and filter change, fresh transmission fluid.Fresh antifreezeNew tires (they have about 120 miles on them)Brand new ICM (ignition control module)Brand new electric fuel pumpShocks/Suspension are very good and car handles as it should.
Passed California emissions test which means engine/exhaust system runs “clean” and meets the highest EPA exhaust standards in the USA
Very solid running engine/solid shifting automatic transmission. Excellent steering (no play in wheel) cruises straight down the road and with excellent/straight brakes.
The 2.8 liter MB 6 cyl engine is known to run for 100’s of thousand miles with regular maintenance. Engine starts easy and purrs with great oil pressure, ideal water temp.
Over 10k dollars in maintenance receipts going back well over a decade. I have all the receipts and Cal emissions test results along with a clear title that is in my name.
Car has power windows which all work, power locking doors/trunk and original Becker radio which works. All lights/Signals work. Still has both door panel map pockets which is pretty rare.
Many of the 70’s era Mercedes that ended up in the Midwest are riddled with structural rust which would result in thousands for body/rust repair, This car spent its whole life in California until I bought it 2 years ago, it has no structural rust. It has not been driven in bad Ohio weather, only on sunny days.
Known mechanical needs:
- The vinyl seats had tears/wear and have been repaired, the repairs are visable.
- A brand new German Mercedes vinyl headliner is included with the car but is not installed.
- Hendricks Automotive - Johnstown, Oh. diagnosed A/C issues. They reported to me that the A/C system has no leaks, compressor is fine and generates cold. The A/C system needs a new expansion valve (clogged) and dryer bottle so it can be converted to modern R134 coolant.
- Cruise control "accel" function works but the "set speed" does not work.
This car is 40 years old and still needs TLC but it is definitely a great car worth the effort!
I’d be happy to discuss all the details I know of this car with a serious potential buyer. Test drives are O.K for serious buyers, must be licensed and insured. I’m located about 9 miles north of Polaris Mall- Columbus, Oh.
Contact me via Ebay for more info.
Thanks for looking!