SL 450 - 450SL - Roadster Convertible - Hard-Top + Soft-Top - NO RESERVE
Price: US $3,950.00 Item location: Naugatuck, Connecticut, United States
- Condition: Used
- Make: Mercedes-Benz
- Model: SL-Class
- SubModel: SL 450 - 450SL - Roadster Convertible - Hard-Top
- Type: Coupe
- Trim: SL 450 - 450SL - Roadster Convertible - Hard-Top
- Year: 1976
- Mileage: 83,767
- VIN: 00010704412030861
- Color: Red
- Engine size: 4.5L
- Number of cylinders: 8
- Power options: Air Conditioning, Power Locks, Power Windows
- Fuel: Gasoline
- Transmission: Automatic
- Drive type: RWD
- Interior color: Tan
- Safety options: Anti-Lock Brakes, Driver Airbag, Passenger Airbag
- Options: CD Player, Leather Seats
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1976 Mercedes-Benz SL-Class SL 450 - 450SL - Roadster Convertible - Hard-TopHere up for bids is this very well preserved Mercedes 1976 450SL. This car was bought in PA. Always garaged, the car is a standout example of what happens when pride of ownership meets Mercedes build quality.
Finished in the color of Re, the car was re-painted sometimes in its life and the body is still extremely nice for being 40 years old, it's obvious that this car was garaged. Tires are quality with good tread, all 4 wheel covers are in excellent condition.
Bumpers show good chrome, the rubber trim is in good shape as well. Panel fit is perfect throughout and the doors close like a vault.
Lights and lenses are all mint, all 4 of the headlights are the original GE units from new.
Grill assembly is straight and clean with no damage. All of the glass are Sekurit branded originals in excellent condition except the hard top has a small crack on the bottom corner. 1976 was the last year for the early style chromed side view mirrors, they were replaced the next year with black plastic versions. The Hirschmann power antenna is original and operates correctly. Nice original details everywhere you look.
The soft top is still in very nice condition with no wear or damage, it opens and closes easily and fits precisely.
Clean storage well, still with its original weatherstripping seal in great shape. The soft top boot area was prone to damage, this one looks pretty clean with only a couple of minor dings on close inspection.
The hardtop is in excellent shape as well, showing a great headliner, excellent glass (small crack on the corner) and trim, and all original weatherstripping. Fit and finish is factory perfect and transforms this convertible into an airtight coupe.
The trunk contains the factory jacking equipment, tool kit and spare. The tire well is totally rust free, unusual to find them this nice.
The hardtop release handles are still in their original case, its design is a continuation of the one used for the W113 SL's (Pagodas), these handle cases are seldom found and expensive to replace.
The interior's color is also rare and it's 100% original. The seats still looking good after 40 years.
All of the gauges operate correctly and show good consistent readings. The clock works and keeps good time. All of the switchgear look good and everything operates correctly, including the cruise control. Ashtray and lighter are unused, the car has not been smoked in. The AC system is all there however the belt is missing so we could not test the a/c.
Both power windows operate smoothly. The radio has good sound and the power antenna works correctly. Dash pad is still like new with zero cracks or splits.
Clean rear parcel shelf, the tub underneath reveals no rust issues - water has never found its way into here. Foot wells are clean and reflect the car's low miles.
Excellent sills and door panels, the car's central locking system works correctly.
The car runs and drives just like it looks - terrific. It starts easily and runs strongly, offering plenty of power with no smoke and no abnormal noises. It idles smoothly, shifts flawlessly, brakes well and runs down the road with a nice tight suspension. This car is excellent on the road.
We have the car inside our heated garage and we can show it upon appointment only.
- CT residents pay 6.35% state sales tax, plus all applicable registration and inspection fees. Out of state buyers may register and title vehicle in their home state (same as driver license).
- All sales are subject to a $399.00 Documentation Fee, that includes also a 30 day Temporary Tag with the Inspection.
- All of our vehicles are pre-owned and sold in “AS-IS” condition. However, most vehicles have remainder of factory warranty, or qualify for an extended service contract that may be purchased at an additional cost to buyer. Ask associate for details.
- Buyer receives copies of all paperwork pertaining to transaction. NO VERBAL PROMISES OR GUARANTEES.
- A $500.00 NON-REFUNDABLE deposit will hold a vehicle for 24 hours in order for customer to attain funds. The $500 deposit is required for all eBay Motors transactions and must be made within 24-hours.
- eBay Motors Customers must establish contact with one of our associates within 24 hours of auction end or the transaction will be voided..
- Miles posted in listing may vary slightly due to test-driving, road testing, or in-transit shipping.
- We accepts Paypal or any major credit card over the phone for deposits only. Final payment must be made in the form of Cash in person, Cashiers Check, or Wire Bank.
- Not all vehicles were acquired with a second set of keys or owner’s manuals. We don’t provide them if they didn’t come with the vehicle upon delivery. Our photos will show any additional keys and manuals if available for the vehicle.
- All eBay auctions are subject to sale outside of eBay.