Rust-free Mercedes-Benz 1985 300TD Station Wagon (California) with perfect seats
Price: US $9,499.00 Item location: College Station, Texas, United States
- Condition: Used
- Make: Mercedes-Benz
- Model: 300-Series
- SubModel: Turbo Diesel
- Type: Wagon
- Trim: 300TD
- Year: 1985
- Mileage: 180,140
- VIN: WDBAB93CXFF035142
- Color: Red
- Engine size: 5 Cyl.
- Number of cylinders: 5
- Power options: Air Conditioning, Power Windows
- Fuel: Diesel
- Transmission: Automatic
- Drive type: RWD
- Interior color: Tan
- Options: Cassette Player, Leather Seats, Sunroof
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1985 Mercedes-Benz 300-Series Turbo DieselClean, rust-free 1985 300TD Wagon (California) for sale in College Station, TX
Summary Excellent example of the legendary Mercedes 300TD Wagon. This rust-free wagon has been mostly garage-kept, and has been located in either California or Texas for the last 31 years.
Exterior Color: desert red (color code: 540)
Interior Color: Creme
Many more pictures available here
Strengths Mechanically and cosmetically this car is in excellent condition
- Paint is in great shape
- Strong, smooth engine
- A/C runs cold
- Transmission shifts smoothly
- Dash is near-perfect (no major cracks, just a 1/4" crack forming near the right speaker
- Wood trim is in great shape
- Power windows go up and down smoothly and quickly
- All glass is like new
- Roof-rack with original cross-bars
Like-new Leather Seats By far the most striking thing about this 300TD are the leather seats, which are simply perfect! Both the front and back seat cushions are firm and the leather is soft, smooth, and absolutely defect free (no cracks, tears, stains, etc.)
Minor Flaws (See associated pictures here)
This wagon is in excellent condition for a used car. For a 31-year-old used car, it is phenomenal! However, like all used cars, is has some minor flaws.
1. Power locks work, but slowly and have an intermittent vacuum leak. As such, the central locking system is currently disconnected from the vacuum system. With it disconnected, engine shuts off instantly.
2. There are some minor flaws with the paint. There is a ding in the driver's door and a small (1.5"x1.5") dent in the left rear corner (see pictures). There is a small (2") scratch toward the bottom of the passenger front door, a small (1/2") "cut" in the paint of the hood. There are some very faint scratches across the hood that you can see in certain light. It appears this wagon had some body work done at some point, because it was repainted from the passenger front door to the passenger rear quarter panel. The paint job is of high quality. However, they used a modern paint with a clear-coat, and there are a couple of spots where the blending with the original paint is less than perfect. The most notable spot like this is along the roof at the back of the car. I've photographed a small line that is visible where the original paint meats the new paint. There is also a section of the roof above the passenger front door where the clearcoat is failing.
3. There are some minor splits in the trim around rear hatch, along with very minor 'elephant skin' on a couple of the doors. The weather stripping on the passenger side front door is a bit chewed up in one spot, as is the weather stripping near the hinges of the rear hatch. Otherwise weather stripping is in good shape. Interiors of all doors are near perfect, as is the headliner. There are some discolored areas in the rear cargo area surrounding the spare tire and the interior of the rear hatch. The trim surrounding the window switch on the rear passenger door is missing.
Contact me Please contact me with any questions or to come take a look. This is a phenomenal car, and I'm only selling because I'm moving cross-country and can't take all three 300D's with me. Deposit, Shipping and Pick-up Deposit of $500 due immediately
Vehicle must be picked up or shipped within 7 days of purchase
Buyer responsible for arranging shipping and for all shipping costs.